Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Should I care that my child isn’t succeeding academically?
Previous  1  2

amother
Marigold

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 10:49 am
Since self esteem has been discussed, I will ask you what your child is good at besides for social. My oldest is not book smart but she is creative and fun. She has learned how to use Google's various apps in school to do projects. She likes to color and paint. She likes working with food. I dont plan to send her to a regular college or seminary but she will succeed in life. That's the important question. I also send her to a school that works with her strengths. I recognize that not everyone can do that. But does your child have the support needed to have a sense of accomplishment. To not feel different from peers.

amother
  DarkKhaki  

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 10:53 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
I'm not attacking you. You hold the teachers responsible and saying they are at fault in the first place as far as I have understood it. It's their fault your kid is doing poorly at school. Or am I missing something here?

You ARE missing- everything I didn’t post about what I have done for my child. It’s very easy to sit back and judge, but you are mistaken. I didn’t blame the teachers for my child doing poorly. I blame them for not doing anything to help. I have done, and continue to do, plenty.

amother
White

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 11:12 am
Spacing out in school = test for inattentive ADHD at a neurologist.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 11:15 am
amother DarkKhaki wrote:
You ARE missing- everything I didn’t post about what I have done for my child. It’s very easy to sit back and judge, but you are mistaken. I didn’t blame the teachers for my child doing poorly. I blame them for not doing anything to help. I have done, and continue to do, plenty.

Which kind of help do you think the teachers should have given?

amother
  DarkKhaki

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 11:26 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Which kind of help do you think the teachers should have given?

I’m sorry this isn’t a thread about me and my child. I only posted what I did so OP would know she’s not alone. That’s all. I will not derail this thread.

amother
Bellflower

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 11:48 am
I was super spacey as a kid.
Did great as an adult
If you know academics wont be her strong point make sure to find hobbies where she does find success .
I was artistic , good cook….
As long as she can do the basics you should be fine
I would just be mindful to check out a few things that can cause issues in a classroom
Hearing
Eye sight

amother
Hosta

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 4:26 pm
I do understand why a mother would say "teachers do nothing to help the student".
Too often they are too arrogant in theur approach. At the very least they should accept that hashem created out of the box children that belong in an in the box school.
They should respect that they don't understand everything and just as it is often important to get help, there are times when help is unwarranted even if the child is different
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics