Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Lead in baby bracelets?!

Tao

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 8:53 pm
I was going to buy my baby a personalized bracelet on aliexpress, because theyre very cheap. Until I noticed a large warning that they contain lead?!
Warning/Disclaimer
⚠ WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead and cadmium, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.

Needless to say, there went that. What on earth?! Obviously not risking it. But can they actually sell something that can be so harmful to babies?! Mad

ETA: and apprently its more harmful if ingested. I mean, they're babies! Of course they're going to be sucking on their hands constantly!

mushkamothers

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 9:29 pm
The state of California puts that warning on everything but the real answer is don't buy anything from aliexpress that's going into a baby's mouth.

DrMom

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 9:32 pm
I think any beaded bracelet, even lead-free, for a baby is a bad idea.

allthingsblue

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 9:33 pm
I would never buy a baby bracelet from Ali

If you need to buy your baby a bracelet go with solid gold from a reputable company

amother
Seablue

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 9:48 pm
mushkamothers wrote:
The state of California puts that warning on everything but the real answer is don't buy anything from aliexpress that's going into a baby's mouth.
Exactly this.

Items from temu, ali, and shein have been found to have high levels of toxic substances including heavy metals when tested by third party labs.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 10:00 pm
Just about everything has that warning. You can be heavily fined if you don’t have it and sell in California.

amother
Strawberry

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 10:06 pm
Don’t kid yourselves. Probably most of the baby bracelets on the hiemishe sock stores are also full of heavy metals.

amother
Lavender

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 11:01 pm
amother Strawberry wrote:
Don’t kid yourselves. Probably most of the baby bracelets on the hiemishe sock stores are also full of heavy metals.

Yes they’re selling the same stuff

honey bunny

Post Sat, Sep 07 2024, 11:58 pm
I always wondered why california has this law and no other state? Are the chemicals only toxic to californians? Everyone else is ok? Never made sense to me...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics