Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
P3 providers what is going on?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 11:04 pm
Did your agency tell you anything? Did you hear from the school you are working in?

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 11:18 pm
The agency I worked for folded.

The school I work in is going to have providers deal with the DOE independently.

Yesterday the school coordinator said she was reaching out to parents to see who has their forms ready.

Today I got in the mail my p4 form for my daughter, so hopefully my students also got theirs.

Nobody knows what the story is with individuals vs groups, because they're saying that if the kid's paperwork says group service then they may not be taken individually under any circumstance, but that makes no sense for kids who don't have another child in their class to group with.

Bottom line I'm waiting for the coordinator at school to get forms from parents. I gave her a day off from being bothered by me and will check again tomorrow. If she doesn't have forms I will request to be in direct contact with the parents to see if I can help move things along.

Can't do anything without forms. Without big agency clout none of us can afford to go after the DOE if services don't start right away so we need everything lined up first.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 11:24 pm
The agency I worked for closed their P3 department and encouraged everyone to find direct cases to take on. I've always done a mix of P3 and SEIT so at least for this year I decided to just do SEIT....

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 12:18 am
One school is having providers bill DoE directly but they’re charging rent/coordination fee of $15-20 per session, regardless of the rate the provider will get from the DOE.
If the rate is $80, the provider will only keep 60!

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 8:10 am
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
One school is having providers bill DoE directly but they’re charging rent/coordination fee of $15-20 per session, regardless of the rate the provider will get from the DOE.

I sure hope the providers don't take this sitting down. I know they're anxious about their job security but if everyone refuses to be part of this it will only take a week or so for the parents to go up in arms about their kids not getting services and the school will have to back down. The improvement in pay for the rest of the year/future will make up for a small delay in starting.

bsy  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 8:18 am

It's disgusting. As if we walk away with loads of money at the end of the year. Being hourly means very little and taking from that is disgusting.

amother
Taupe  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 9:16 am
I’m also in a sinking boat don’t want to leave the school I have been working at for many years would love to become independent again as I once was but the school refuses to cut ties with the corrupt agency so no choice left I’d much rather pay the school be independent any schools in Brooklyn where I can work honestly and be independent
Thank you

amother
Aster

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 9:37 am
I dont know what's going to be. My school is saying they're starting a couple of weeks late for p3 and also they don't know yet the hourly rate or if they're keeping the agency or not

amother
Bronze  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 9:39 am

This is absolutely wrong.

amother
NeonBlue  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 9:50 am

I'm not a P3 but I work in a school and they are doing this. It's beyond disgusting. I hope the P3s refuse to work unless they back down.

Imateacher

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 10:03 am
The students are literally mandated by the state to receive services. I don’t understand how a school could charge rent

amother
  Taupe

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 10:17 am
This is the reality I would much rather give the money to the school than to the agency the agency I work for is the worst! Are there schools that are willing to have providers work independently?

amother
  Bronze  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 10:40 am
amother Taupe wrote:
This is the reality I would much rather give the money to the school than to the agency the agency I work for is the worst! Are there schools that are willing to have providers work independently?

This is unacceptable why should the providers pay the school?? That's being greedy! Providers should band together and refuse to provide services if the schools demand this. I would call the doe and see if it's even legal of the schools to do this.

amother
RosePink  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 12:30 pm
seeker wrote:
I sure hope the providers don't take this sitting down. I know they're anxious about their job security but if everyone refuses to be part of this it will only take a week or so for the parents to go up in arms about their kids not getting services and the school will have to back down. The improvement in pay for the rest of the year/future will make up for a small delay in starting.

I think most schools are "colluding" (purposeful use of the word, because that's illegal) in order to not give providers a choice. I still have my cases up in the air, because the parents want me but the school is only working through an agency, one of the few well known ones that are still open. They were known for playing games with provider salaries even before this summer (Think "we only provide this rate if you do X amount of hours, but we can only give you X-5 hours because yada yada yada). Now, they cut provider rates as well. So I either work for them and lose a significant amount of money, or work for a different school and lose money because they'll want me to pay "rent", but I'll get taxed as if I'm earning $85. Legally if the parent wants I can just walk in and provide the services, but schools won't allow that and they rely on providers being good Jews and not "Masering" on them to bully providers into submission.

Many parents won't be up in arms, they'll just shrug their shoulders and get ready for Yom Tov, or rely on the school/agency's promises that "we have someone good don't worry next week etc."

bsy

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 12:31 pm
The schools are definitely colluding so there will be nowhere to go

amother
  RosePink

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 12:38 pm
bsy wrote:
The schools are definitely colluding so there will be nowhere to go

Sure the New York Times would love to hear about it.

Seriously, you'd thing the capricious greed that caused the hardships in the first place would make people think twice before hurting others. There were very many people doing it the right way, but a select few didn't know how to put other's before themselves. Now the same thing will happen again.

amother
Clear

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 1:16 pm
Is this in Brooklyn or far rockaway?

amother
  Bronze  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 1:26 pm
If you are paying the schools, are they reporting it as income? You shouldn't have to pay tax on money you are paying the schools...it's a business expense

amother
  NeonBlue

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 1:28 pm
amother Bronze wrote:
If you are paying the schools, are they reporting it as income? You shouldn't have to pay tax on money you are paying the schools...it's a business expense

True the providers can deduct the "rent" as a business expense
But it's still a huge chutzpah of the schools and I think the p3s should strike. They cant let this happen. Once it starts it will never end

amother
  Bronze

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 1:29 pm
amother NeonBlue wrote:
True the providers can deduct the "rent" as a business expense
But it's still a huge chutzpah of the schools and I think the p3s should strike. They cant let this happen. Once it starts it will never end

Agree 100%

When they have a guest speaker or extracurricular activity do they make them pay rent?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics