Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Monsey/England

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 7:08 pm
So we currently live in Israel but we need to move back. I am originally from England but my husband was born in Monsey. Can anyone tell me the differences. What's the chassidisher culture like in Monsey? The neighborhoods ext..

rockland

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 10:15 pm
These are both very different cultures and communities.

You mentioned Chassidish. There should be a large population of many different types of chassidim in Monsey, that shouldn't be hard to fit into.

English culture is very different then the USA. I believe the atmosphere is much more laid back there. It also might be financially easier with government subsidies.

In America, people of very fast paced, focused on materialism and I'm guessing more costly to live here.

Just a personalized opinion from a family member who tried Monsey and ended up in England near maternal relatives.

amother
Electricblue

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 4:21 am
Monsey will likely be more expensive to live
Before you move ensure your kids are accepted to school

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 5:15 am
Money isn't the biggest issue, what I am concerned more is the settling in if I am used to the English culture?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 6:22 am
How long have u been living in israel. What is your neighborhood like currently as in Americas etc? The two are very different. I dont know much about chassidim but with the right mindset I think the adjustment in either direction shouldn’t be too problematic.

Ruchi  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 6:59 am
Massive difference between London and Monsey, in every way possible. From accent to lifestyle and everything in between. You'll have to choose if you want to belong to those who do everything "next level" or carve out your own path and not take peer pressure and live for yourself , with having likeminded friends/workmates if you plan on working.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 8:29 am
Accent doesn't scare me. I might work-one day. If I move to London then I will most probably be living very small whilst paying a fortune. In Monsey I will likely have a house. What are the cheiders/schools like? Do they finish regular hours and not like Israel 1pm?

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 8:38 am
amother OP wrote:
Accent doesn't scare me. I might work-one day. If I move to London then I will most probably be living very small whilst paying a fortune. In Monsey I will likely have a house. What are the cheiders/schools like? Do they finish regular hours and not like Israel 1pm?

IME Many English that move to America love it. Many Americans that move to England hate it. You’re upping your lifestyle that’s for sure. Speaking as someone who lived in both places.

Ruchi

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 8:39 am
amother OP wrote:

In London, if you are on low income you can claim Housing Benefit plus childcare costs.
Only in Israel they finish cheder and school early. Everywhere else, it's a full long day.

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 8:44 am
In USA can you also claim Housing/childcare costs or anything else?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating