Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
ELUL!

s1  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 3:56 am
Good chodesh!
I'm looking for a daily inspiration or thought or something small to take on each day in Elul.
Does anyone know where I can find such a thing, or does anyone want to join me in starting a thread here?

Elfrida

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 4:26 am
I don't know if this is inspirational to anyone else, but last night I said לדוד ה אורי for the first time this year. Last time I said it was in shul on Simchat Torah, with one ear listening out for the next siren. Over the next days and weeks so much was happening that I forgot it.

Last night the phrases were running through my mind, until I opened the siddur to say it, and I was just stunned. We should never have stopped saying it this year! All the emunah that we've been desperately clinging to despite the horrors - it was there in black and white!

In the first part, the more positive part of the mizmor - when my enemies approach me, they will fall down and fail. When they start a war against me - I will trust in Hashem. This resonated with me remembering the night a week or two before Pesach, when we were waiting for the missiles from Iran to arrive, but המה כשלו ונפלו.

But then, we have to stay with Hashem, not get overwhelmed by our own brilliance in shooting down missiles. אחד שאלתי מאת ה ... שבתי בבית ה כל ימי חיי

And the second part, the more hesitant, cautious part of the mizmor - however dark things seem, however much we appear to have been abandoned - just trust in Hashem. The horrors of the beginning of the war, the hostages - all we can do is cling to Hashem and trust to His goodness. In this world or the next. לולא האמנתי בטוב ה בארץ החיים

There were ideas which grabbed my mind last night, but I have to go through the mizmor properly to develop it. But I feel now that we were given the guide to this war before it even started, if only we,hadn't forgotten it in the horrors of אחרי החגים.

s1

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 5:43 am
Thank you for sharing that!
I'm sure I read about one of the hostages that she'd been saying this perek from rosh chodesh elul so she knew it off by heart and it brought her so much hope while in captivity. Anyone know more details of this story?

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 7:05 am
s1 wrote:
Good chodesh!
I'm looking for a daily inspiration or thought or something small to take on each day in Elul.
Does anyone know where I can find such a thing, or does anyone want to join me in starting a thread here?

I don't know anything about this, but someone sent me the link. It's free.

https://pages.writeyourwayhome.....class

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 7:10 am
s1 wrote:
Thank you for sharing that!
I'm sure I read about one of the hostages that she'd been saying this perek from rosh chodesh elul so she knew it off by heart and it brought her so much hope while in captivity. Anyone know more details of this story?

Sapir Cohen

Her story and inner beauty and strength is very inspiring.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational