Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Did you see @raizyscookin stories?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
  Tangerine

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 2:13 pm
amother Peru wrote:
Yup, me too. And it irks me as well. It's not just her. I've noticed that many other influencers that have a platform and start out as fashionistas or foodies, suddenly start acting like parenting or yiddishkeit experts. And I feel like saying, girl, stay in your lane!

Yes many do that, but that doesn't mean you have to listen to what they preach.

Yes I agree, they sometimes go from lifestyle influencers to spiritual influencers (I'm trying to think of the right term. I know I'm incorrect but hopefully you get my point).

That doesn't mean you can't tune it out.

It also doesn't mean that just because they start off as Sheitel machers 10 years ago they can't become great at uplifting their audience in the best way they know how.

If it irks you (and sometimes it irks me too) then just unfollow, or disregard the message (like I often do when I feel like they are going beyond their scope).

amother
  Peru

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 2:15 pm
amother Beige wrote:
It irks me because so many times there’s no rhyme or rhythm to what they’re saying. Sometimes, not always, they have no idea what they’re saying and it’s misleading to people that don’t know better.

This exactly. Just because you have a voice and an opinion, doesn't mean that you need to share it with thousands of people, especially considering that it's not your field of expertise.

amother
  Beige  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 2:19 pm
amother Peru wrote:
This exactly. Just because you have a voice and an opinion, doesn't mean that you need to share it with thousands of people, especially considering that it's not your field of expertise.

And that maybe you’ll do more damage than good

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 6:00 pm
Jumping in here, I didnt read most of the comments.
I want to say that Instagram is definitely not what it used to be. When I started on it back in 2011 it was all about the photography, the still image, genuine content and the inspiring posts.
Today its all about reels, you get drowned with adverts every second you swipe and scroll, and there are more inappropriate posts and would be followers than ever. I am constantly having to block, block, block!

But guess what - Instagram was my shadchan!! Obviously disclaimer Hashem is the ultimate Shadchan but Instagram was the tool.
Yes, I met my husband on Instagram a couple of years ago when he saw my posts and felt he could connect to them, and we started messaging from there, then moved to other more acceptable forms of communication, and to cut a long story short we bh recently celebrated our first anniversary.

We probably would not have met through the conventional ways of dating, we were both divorced and we come from completely different cultures and backgrounds.
But here we are. Thank you to Instagram.
Since we got married, my husband deleted his account as he has no use for it, and I use it for work purposes.

So - I am forever grateful!

foreverone

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 11:38 pm
I don't get it. They start off with cooking/recipes/demos.... And before you know it they give lectures on mikvah. Adolescents .Teenagers. Niddah. Marriage ...
They have no experience. They are not experts in these topics.
Stick to cooking

amother
  Amaryllis  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 11:43 pm
foreverone wrote:
I don't get it. They start off with cooking/recipes/demos.... And before you know it they give lectures on mikvah. Adolescents .Teenagers. Niddah. Marriage ...
Stick to cooking

She doesn't lecture on those topics. She does interview & have discussions with experts. She's also an extremely well educated & knowledgeable woman.

amother
  Beige  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 11:44 pm
amother Amaryllis wrote:
She doesn't lecture on those topics. She does interview & have discussions with experts. She's also an extremely well educated & knowledgeable woman.

She did and they all do lecture.
Interviews came much later.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 11:59 pm
amother Amaryllis wrote:
It's not ironic. She speaks about how Instagram was when she started out. It was like a cozy community feel for people to display their talents. Now it has become a toxic unhealthy environment.

Spoiler alert: it was always toxic and unhealthy. People only realize when it hits them. I saw how it changed the frummest people. Baruch Hashem she has a good head and is self aware.

amother
  Violet  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 1:00 am
amother Amaryllis wrote:

Not related to this specific person.

But how do you define extremely well educated?

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 8:54 pm
What do people think about her update on her stories now?

amother
  Salmon  

amother Burgundy wrote:

I just saw it and I was gonna ask the same thing.

amother
  Salmon

amother Burgundy wrote:

I felt like she’s kind of brushing it off.

amother
  Plum  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 9:57 pm
I disagree with what she said about cleaning help.

amother
Currant

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 10:07 pm
I didn't understand the Yiddish about the cleaning ladies (and why she switched from English). Can someone please summarize that?

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 11:05 pm
foreverone wrote:
Stick to cooking

Raizy absolutely doesn’t stand and lecture on these topics at all. Are you blind?? She’s just bringing her audience these EXPERTS in these areas such as marriage and chinuch.
What’s so hard to understand? I don’t get why people have an issue?

Lets Talk  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 11:06 pm
amother Beige wrote:
She did and they all do lecture.
Interviews came much later.

I never heard her give a lecture on Mikvah or teenagers. I did see her interview experts on that rapid

amother
  Plum  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 11:16 pm
amother Currant wrote:
I didn't understand the Yiddish about the cleaning ladies (and why she switched from English). Can someone please summarize that?

She starts off saying that it’s safer to speak in Yiddish because she doesn’t wanna have to deal with annoying messages. She had thought about making an episode regarding cleaning help but decided against it. She said the relationship between a cleaning lady and Family hiring her isn’t the same as any other business relationship, where the workers are happy to come to work. She says that the cleaning ladies are lacking Respect and will sometimes yell at you. All she wants is for them to listen to basic instructions and do things the way she asks for them to be done.
She said this applies to most cleaning ladies and they give attitude.

She said she treats them well and pay them well.
One of the reasons why she didn’t make an episode about it is because She didn’t want a whole discourse about who can and can’t afford cleaning help.

She then proceeds to say something I won’t be repeating as I vehemently disagree with it and don’t think it’s appropriate to write about either.

She then provides a tip that if you want something done a specific way, you should say that your husband wants it done that way because for some reason they get more scared when men are involved.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 11:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
Raizy absolutely doesn’t stand and lecture on these topics at all. Are you blind?? She’s just bringing her audience these EXPERTS in these areas such as marriage and chinuch.

"Are you blind??"

How old are you?

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 11:25 pm
amother OP wrote:

No need for rudeness

amother
Cappuccino  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 11:32 pm
Deleted
Page 5 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics