When is the “1st day of school”
Orientation day  
 7%  [ 3 ]
The next day  
 92%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 39

HonesttoGod  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 2:01 pm
When do you consider the first day of school to be? (Specifically for preschoolers and early elementary).

Orientation day (9-11 come meet the teacher and see your classroom)
Or the next day when they’re officially “in” school without you usually for 2 hours max.

I’m just curious because I am of the opinion that first day of school is orientation day. That’s when they wear new clothes new shoes have “1st day pics” etc.
My neighbors chat is saying it’s the next day. And orientation doesn’t count. What

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 2:02 pm
Orientation doesn't count

mha3484  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 2:02 pm
Next day. My daughter has meet the morah tomorrow and her first day is Thursday.

HonesttoGod  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 2:58 pm
But don’t they have to wear uniform for orientation? So then new stuff is on orientation day. Which means first day is orientation day. I’m so confused 😂

mha3484

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 2:59 pm
No for our school meet the morah day is regular clothing. Uniform starts on the first day of school.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 3:09 pm
Only first day of school ever had a half day for us

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 3:15 pm
Never had orientation. First day is first day

seeker

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 4:45 pm
Orientation is not the first day of school but it's the best time to take those pictures and it definitely counts for the picture as it's their first time dressing up in uniform, going to the school building, etc. Orientation usually starts later than the full day so you're not as sleepy and rushed.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 8:08 pm
seeker wrote:
Orientation is not the first day of school but it's the best time to take those pictures and it definitely counts for the picture as it's their first time dressing up in uniform, going to the school building, etc. Orientation usually starts later than the full day so you're not as sleepy and rushed.

Thank you that’s what I was saying to my neighbors!
If they’re wearing uniform anyway and taking all their new things in, it’s first day. Even if it is only for 2 hours. Very Happy

cupcake123

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 8:21 pm
My daughters orientation is only 30 min andI'm with her. So no lol . First day of school is the next day
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics