Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Question for therapists regarding billing

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 7:40 pm
This is a s/o of the other thread where people claim it is common for therapists to bill for full mandates but not see the full mandate. I find this hard to believe. No therapists I know does this. Do you bill for time seen or the full mandate regardless if you see the student or not?

amother
IndianRed

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 7:43 pm
Personally, only time seen.

Know of some who bill full even though only give half a session.

m987

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 7:44 pm
No way
If I am absent or student is absent I do not bill
If I need to leave early I bill only for time I was there. Def know that ppl do it but after 120 when Hashem asks if I was honest I want to answer yes.

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 7:45 pm
I am a related service provider and only bill for time with the kid.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 7:45 pm
I just bill for the time im with the child from when I pick them up from their classroom until I return them to their room. It says on their IESP

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 9:24 pm
Two agencies I worked for instructed us to round up, like to count a 45 minute session as an hour. Their justification was that between preparation and paperwork and everything you were putting in over an hour of work anyway. I don't know whether or how it was legally justifiable but I asked a shaila and was told that it's the agency's problem and I can follow those instructions within reason (within reason meaning if the policy is that 45 minutes is called an hour, I'm following policy. I'm not writing that I was present when absent or that 5 minutes is an hour.)

A different agency had you round to the nearest half hour, whether it was up or down. The software didn't let you input anything other than half hours.

Independent through DOE with no agency you put in technically which minutes on the clock you were there. So that's what I did.

amother
Oleander

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 9:34 pm
I try to be honest, to the nearest 5 min. Only time I bill if not with a child is if I am waiting for them on zoom and they are late. (However, if they cancel or are no show, I don't bill at all)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics