Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
S/o Airbnb/hotel do u check out on time?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Snapdragon

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 5:30 pm
Do you check out on time?
Yes.
Dh makes sure we're out of there an hour early. It annoys the heck out of me. I want to be there until 5 minutes before checkout. Very Happy

amother
Oatmeal

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 5:33 pm
amother Cherry wrote:
The fact that you were still there at 2:30 though is not okay

It's stealing. In a hotel, you get charged for it.

Tzutzie

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 5:34 pm
Absolutely. You pay for your stay. Overstaying is gneiva. One time we asked if we can check out an hour later and we'd pay. The host said the cleaning crew won't be there before 3 hours so we are welcome to stay till then free. We left after an hour. Was so nice of him!

amother
Acacia

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 5:44 pm
Oh my! Definitely not ok. What makes you think that's fine? Curious how you justify staying after the time you paid for.

Besides stealing and chilul Hashem factor, it's not right according to basic morally...

amother
DarkRed

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 6:20 pm
As a vacation rental host, ask if you need or want to stay later, we always accomadate when we can.
I do not cater to a frum crowd and I've never had a guest leave late yet.
I always offer if we don't have a same day check in and the cleaners can accomadate.

I check out of every hotel and rental before check out time.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 8:53 pm
We check out on time. One place asked us to text that we were out. Rarely do we even go 5 minutes over. And we currently are with parents who rented an Airbnb with us (they were honest about number of guests) and they just asked for a slightly late checkout next week. In advance and politely. We were given extra time but if not, we would have been out the door before 10am as requested.

DrMom

Post Sat, Aug 31 2024, 2:15 pm
It's bad enough to leave late due to bad planning, but to purposely leave hours late by jamming locks or just squatting in property beyond the check-out time?

What a chilul Hashem.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sat, Aug 31 2024, 3:01 pm
DrMom wrote:
It's bad enough to leave late due to bad planning, but to purposely leave hours late by jamming locks or just squatting in property beyond the check-out time?

What a chilul Hashem.

This.
OP, I am honestly not understanding the purpose of your post.
What you wrote and the smiley face imply that you think what you do is not only acceptable but clever.
What I (and others, by the previous responses) see is a total lack of awareness and stealing, not to mention the tremendous chillul Hashem.
By "outsmarting the system" you are actually cheating yourself out of so much more. Think about what I mean by that, I hope you figure it out.

amother
Topaz

Post Sat, Aug 31 2024, 3:50 pm
amother Orange wrote:
As someone who has an Airbnb your both 100% wrong.
The cleaning crew comes in usually within a half hour of checkout time.

One airbnb had a lady open an apartment for us. She was drunk and unstable. When we discussed the checkout, she let us stay an hour longer 😂

amother
Waterlily

Post Sat, Aug 31 2024, 5:26 pm
We always leave on time.
We will ask if the place is available if we can leave our cases in the place for another hour or 2 if we came by public transport and want the kids to go to the park before we leave.
Hotels always let you leave the case at reception and our Airbnb let us keep it there for another hr until cleaning came. We weren't in the place just the cases neatly by the door.

If you need extra time pay for it!

amother
Tulip  

Post Sat, Aug 31 2024, 6:07 pm
amother Iris wrote:
Only if we're literally loading the car & just not managing to be out exactly on the button. I don't think it's ok to plan on staying past.

This. And I messaged the owner saying that we're busy getting out but it's taking longer than planned and I'll let her know when we've left. She ended up turning up about half an hour later.
She messaged back no problem.

amother
  Tulip  

Post Sat, Aug 31 2024, 6:11 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
We always plan to be out on time. It has happened that we went over by a couple of minutes inadvertantly in the craziness of packing up the car. Yesterday we had 11 am check out time and we were all out and in the car but still hadn't left the driveway at 11:05 when the cleaning crew arrived.

11am is much more doable than 10. We just had to leave by 10. We didn't manage until 11.15. I messaged her at 10 that we were running late and I apologised twice. I know it's not good, but this is how it was. We left it in clean condition though despite the damages and lost items! I'm op of the other thread 🥴🙊

amother
Starflower

Post Sat, Aug 31 2024, 6:29 pm
amother Waterlily wrote:
We always leave on time.
We will ask if the place is available if we can leave our cases in the place for another hour or 2 if we came by public transport and want the kids to go to the park before we leave.
Hotels always let you leave the case at reception and our Airbnb let us keep it there for another hr until cleaning came. We weren't in the place just the cases neatly by the door.

If you need extra time pay for it!

Most Air BnB people are not unreasonable. They are in the "service business" and want to work with people.

If you need a bit of extra time and you contact them - or ask to leave bags packed behind like a poster, almost all of them would agree - and one would hope that you would leave a nice review indicating they were flexible and helpful.

But to deliberately stay without notifying and asking is just wrong - and often really would cause a difficult situation since the cleaners have allocated a certain number of hours to clean for the arrival of the next guest and you are squatting. Presumably you haven't packed up because otherwise why are you squatting.

Also it will probably lead to a negative review since almost all Air BnB have cameras at the entrance and so even if you *think* you have tricked them by jamming the lock, they will still know you are squatting there.

amother
Clover

Post Sat, Aug 31 2024, 8:59 pm
One time we had an 11am checkout and the cleaning crew showed up at 10:30. It was beyond stressful. My dh told me not to worry it's their problem, but it stressed me out. We were out 11am on the dot but really they were wrong.

amother
  Papaya

Post Sat, Aug 31 2024, 9:23 pm
amother Tulip wrote:
11am is much more doable than 10. We just had to leave by 10. We didn't manage until 11.15. I messaged her at 10 that we were running late and I apologised twice. I know it's not good, but this is how it was. We left it in clean condition though despite the damages and lost items! I'm op of the other thread 🥴🙊

The Airbnb we stayed at before the last one had a checkout time of 10 am. It's considered very standard, both in Airbnb and hotels. I would advise you that if you know that 10 doesn't work for you, don't book those properties. The same way you make sure there are enough bedrooms, make sure the timing works for you.

amother
  Midnight

Post Sat, Aug 31 2024, 9:24 pm
amother Tulip wrote:

So don't book an airbnb that has a checkout time of 10. It's written there so you can see it before you book.

hodeez

Post Sat, Aug 31 2024, 9:32 pm
What's the point of opening the lock?

Simple1

Post Sat, Aug 31 2024, 9:38 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
The Airbnb we stayed at before the last one had a checkout time of 10 am. It's considered very standard, both in Airbnb and hotels. I would advise you that if you know that 10 doesn't work for you, don't book those properties. The same way you make sure there are enough bedrooms, make sure the timing works for you.

I think 11 is the more common checkout time in hotels.

amother
  Poinsettia

Post Sat, Aug 31 2024, 9:41 pm
hodeez wrote:
What's the point of opening the lock?

I was wondering the same. We kept the door unlocked on shabbos when we went out because it has an electronic keypad.

amother
  Tulip  

Post Sat, Aug 31 2024, 9:43 pm
amother Midnight wrote:
So don't book an airbnb that has a checkout time of 10. It's written there so you can see it before you book.

We've only ever been to houses with a 10am checkout. It seems to be the standard.
We usually manage by 10. This year we didn't. It doesn't mean that we need to choose later checkouts now. That would be near Impossible anyway.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics