Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Iso landscaper or gardener

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Aug 28 2024, 3:30 pm
BH we just moved!!! After many years we finally found a house. However it is BOILING hot near my house. My kids can’t play outside or sit because there are no trees and no shade. I need to do some tree planting on a budget! Can you tell me if you have any names or numbers who can do this job for me without spending too much? We are NOT diyers, plus I need someone to help me to make sure we don’t plant too close to important things

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, Aug 28 2024, 3:34 pm
I don’t live in Lakewood, but does the city or county plant trees for you? Here they came around and planted trees for free. Remember the biggest shadiest tree starts off very small!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Aug 28 2024, 4:24 pm
Think long term. Real trees take time to grow. We planted about five years ago, and now our trees are growing in to be beautiful.

Best time to plant is in the fall, which is right around the corner. Go to a local nursery to see what type of plants you like. You can have your gardener plant them if you choose on your own. There are professional gardeners that can do all the leg work for you too.

For temporary solutions, you can buy sun umbrellas or even get a car tent.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 9:37 am
amother Strawberry wrote:
I don’t live in Lakewood, but does the city or county plant trees for you? Here they came around and planted trees for free. Remember the biggest shadiest tree starts off very small!

No! I wish!!!

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 9:38 am
amother Aquamarine wrote:
Think long term. Real trees take time to grow. We planted about five years ago, and now our trees are growing in to be beautiful.

Best time to plant is in the fall, which is right around the corner. Go to a local nursery to see what type of plants you like. You can have your gardener plant them if you choose on your own. There are professional gardeners that can do all the leg work for you too.

For temporary solutions, you can buy sun umbrellas or even get a car tent.

We don’t know which trees to plant where. That’s why I needed someone to advise us. Do you think the nursery is good for that?

Amarante  

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 10:14 am
Go to a good nursery to get advice on what to purchase for your specific conditions.

Or better yet, get a recommendation for a good landscape person in your location and get a plan for your yard. If your land has no landscaping you would do well to get an overview as to what to plant and where depending on specific conditions in your yard - I.e. when it gets the sun etc.

For a short term solution, get a canopy or tent or consider getting an awning if you have a patio.

Most yards aren't completely shaded as people sit under an awning or under the umbrella at the table anyway.

Trees are nice but not specific to providing shade as people don't generally "sit" under their trees.

cuffs

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 10:15 am
You’re really going to enjoy the sun in the winter!

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 10:30 am
Amarante wrote:
Go to a good nursery to get advice on what to purchase for your specific conditions.

Or better yet, get a recommendation for a good landscape person in your location and get a plan for your yard. If your land has no landscaping you would do well to get an overview as to what to plant and where depending on specific conditions in your yard - I.e. when it gets the sun etc.

For a short term solution, get a canopy or tent or consider getting an awning if you have a patio.

Most yards aren't completely shaded as people sit under an awning or under the umbrella at the table anyway.

Trees are nice but not specific to providing shade as people don't generally "sit" under their trees.

Thank you I am looking for local landscapers or gardeners that imas here can recommend…or a good nursery
We just bought an umbrella but we would rather have a shady leafy property than just an umbrella or patio
I see most of the properties near us are covered in trees and I want ours to be like that one day

Amarante

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 11:00 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you I am looking for local landscapers or gardeners that imas here can recommend…or a good nursery
We just bought an umbrella but we would rather have a shady leafy property than just an umbrella or patio
I see most of the properties near us are covered in trees and I want ours to be like that one day

You should change your caption to "seeking good landscaper" in Jackson/Lakewood.

ETA Of course you want a shady versant yard because it is beautiful and helps cool the house.

What I meant was that typically a back yard isn't all trees in most areas but a combination of various elements.

Starting from scratch most people benefit from a landscape designer just as a home decorator helps one design an empty space.

dena613

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 11:03 am
Also be aware of which types of trees and where to plant them.
Lots of trees have roots that uproot sidewalks and get into pipes etc

Speak to an expert. (I am not that expert!!!)

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 11:10 am
Hire a landscaper.

Fwiw I know that many people largely underestimate the importance of checking sun location and shade, before purchasing a house. This is the first thing dh and I look at. You can renovate home, but you can’t relocate the sun. We also preferred an older house surrounded by large old trees, and do a full rebuild, vs a new development where every single tree has been uprooted and the place flattened.

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 11:13 am
Does anyone have an affordable landscaper to recommend?
We are so over the moon thrilled to finally have a house, I cannot for a minute imagine turning down this house because the sun isn’t optimal. Not in this market!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries