Silver or plastic bowl?
Silver  
 75%  [ 12 ]
Plastic  
 25%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 16

ewwpeas20  

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 12:15 pm
Hi! I'm debating which mixer bowl I should get. I want to save up for a bosch mixer. It will mainly be used for challah.
Pros and cons of each would be incredibly helpful!

613mitzvahgirl

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 12:19 pm
Hi.. I spoke to one of the top of repairmen from Bosch and he said the best one for challahs and breads is the white bowl and the metal one is better for cookies and cakes
Hatzlocha and enjoy all of your yummy baked goodies

sitting

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 12:48 pm
I used to have both
Now on newer machine (about 5 yrs old) I have just white plastic...totally fine. I do cakes, cookies and challahs no problem

ewwpeas20

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 1:39 pm
Thank you!

tweety1  

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 1:52 pm
I have both. I use the metal for challah. The plastic I use for cakes and cookies. Honestly, just mpho, is that Bosch is not good for cookies and cakes at all. I wish I can win a kitchenaid someplace. I bake alot. I use my handmixer if a snow is not needed.

ChossidMom  

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 2:40 pm
I have the white bowl and it's fine.
The Bosch is really the best for challa and breads. I make plenty of cakes and cookies in the plastic bowl and it's fine.
Cleaning it is a bit of a challenge because the motor is under the bowl. Enjoy.

ChossidMom

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 2:42 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I have both. I use the metal for challah. The plastic I use for cakes and cookies. Honestly, just mpho, is that Bosch is not good for cookies and cakes at all. I wish I can win a kitchenaid someplace. I bake alot. I use my handmixer if a snow is not needed.

Why don't you like it for cakes and cookies? For cakes it's great.
For cookies - sometimes I use the dough attachment so as not to ruin the mixing blades in a heavy dough. But I usually manage with the blades.

Smile1234

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 4:48 pm
I bought a Bosch that had a metal bowl because everyone says you can use the plastic one for challah… but really the “challah” bowl is different. The dough hook attaches to the bottom of the bowl and mixes from the bottom. I ended up burning out the transmission of the machine using that bowl. It was under warranty so I got it fixed and then bought a challah bowl and it does so much better bh. It also could accommodate 6 lbs of flour better than the other bowl cuz it doesn’t lose the space where the stick is in the center.

I use a kitchen aid for all my other baking besides challah.

tweety1

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 9:10 pm
ChossidMom wrote:
Why don't you like it for cakes and cookies? For cakes it's great.
For cookies - sometimes I use the dough attachment so as not to ruin the mixing blades in a heavy dough. But I usually manage with the blades.

I find it doesn't mix the batter well because it doesn't scrape the walls with the ingredients all the way. From the walls around by that round curve and from the center piece. I keep on having to stop the machine and mix with a spatula. First I thought it's only my machine and then I heard from so many other people the same thing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars