Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
New Hampshire on a Budget

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 5:07 am
We are a family of 5 with kids ranging from 5 - 12. Seems like a lot of the attractions cost money. Are there any beautiful hikes that are free? Any boating that doesn't cost too much. I think we would really enjoy but each activity seems like it would cost us approx $100. Also, which resort is the best place to stay in with regard to having hiking and boating included in the amenities? TIA

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 5:13 am
The whole New Hampshire is filled with stunning hikes many are free. You can also bike in a few places, great glen trails is great for little kids. Not sure what it costs if you need to rent the bikes. I don’t think there are resorts that include things. It’s mostly villa type places or cheap hotels. There are also tons of little creeks along the roads that you can wade into. So much nature and plenty of beautiful places to get out of the car and explore.

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 3:33 pm
Do you know any specific places to go hiking for free? Don't want to get lost. Also any cheap boating..How much is it to do the activities at PMR?

cinnabon

Post Mon, Aug 26 2024, 5:31 am
Lost River trail is a great fun hike for kids. Not sure the fee but I don’t think it’s too expensive.
There are plenty of gorgeous views and trails
There’s something called the basin , we didn’t do it but heard it’s fun and kid friendly .
Loon mountain chairlift and then when you ge to the top there’s a fun hike with caves - my kids loved !
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics