Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
A 5 min pregnancy and birth, what a drama!!!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Firebrick  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 7:55 pm
Hhoooooowww is this possible. It literally sounds like it's straight out of a fairy tale.
How in the WORLD can someone not know they're pregnant for NINE WHOLE MONTHS

It's beyonds unfathomable for me

amother
Valerian  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 7:57 pm
But how do you not feel the baby moving around?

fbc

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 7:58 pm
amother Valerian wrote:
But how do you not feel the baby moving around?

Could be if it's a much heavier woman there too much fat in the way and she really can't feel it?

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 8:03 pm
amother Firebrick wrote:
Hhoooooowww is this possible. It literally sounds like it's straight out of a fairy tale.
How in the WORLD can someone not know they're pregnant for NINE WHOLE MONTHS

It's beyonds unfathomable for me

there was a (Jewish) lady in Israel who was heavy and didn't know she was pregnant...had pain and called hatzalah...and she gave birth without knowing that she was pregnant for nine months! true story

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 8:07 pm
Omg how. I have 9 months of agony. HG that lasts throughout, debilitating SPD, anemia, can’t breathe and baby’s kicks are soooo much and soooo painful. Literally can’t imagine at all not knowing. My doctor told me to take a test every 3 months if I’m going to skip all the placebos, and I was like yeah…if I was pregnant I’d know.

synthy  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 8:10 pm
What a story! And that my friends is why I take a biweekly pregnancy test, even on birth control.

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 8:11 pm
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
Omg how. I have 9 months of agony. HG that lasts throughout, debilitating SPD, anemia, can’t breathe and baby’s kicks are soooo much and soooo painful. Literally can’t imagine at all not knowing. My doctor told me to take a test every 3 months if I’m going to skip all the placebos, and I was like yeah…if I was pregnant I’d know.

Wow just have to say- same. As I read this I thought it might have been me who posted this.

synthy  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 8:14 pm
fbc wrote:
Could be if it's a much heavier woman there too much fat in the way and she really can't feel it?
From what I’ve read, there has to be a few factors to allow for such a story. A: the woman either does not have regular cycles, or she bleeds throughout pregnancy so she thinks she’s getting her period. B: she has to carry small and/ or be heavy so it’s not super obvious and c: not everyone feels so much movement, some babies are not too active and if the placenta is in front it blocks a lot of the movement.

And if you think about it, baby kicks feel an awful lot like gas. My baby is a year old and I still freak out that there’s a baby inside me every time I’m gassy. So it makes sense to think the other way around too, that kicks are gas, if you’re not aware that there’s a baby inside.

amother
Razzmatazz  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 8:24 pm
fbc wrote:

I don't know, I'm very obese (very!) and I feel movement like crazy!!!! Starting from 13 week flutters to major somersaults and flips and more.

I really don't get how it's possible.

amother
  Razzmatazz

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 8:26 pm

I have never found out later than 4 weeks (2 wks after conception).
The symptoms!!!

amother
Peru  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 8:33 pm
You have to realize she's never been pregnant before and she didn't expect to become pregnant.

So she was nauseous, she assumed she had a stomach bug. She kept gaining weight, so she thought It's because she's eating too much but she's hungry all the time. She felt something in her stomach and assumed it was gas. And of course the grand finale, she has crazy stomach pain so she goes to the urgent care. Presumably, like the majority of people, she had quite a few symptoms but they were relatively minor. It wasn't like she had an HG pregnancy that she missed.

Why would she think she's pregnant? Especially because she really doesn't want to be. So there's some powerful psychological denial going on at the same time.

And even if she googled her symptoms. I'm sure most people have Google their symptoms and Google said they had cancer. How many of those people go to an oncologist and how many of those people don't even bother going to a doctor? They just hope their symptoms disappear on their own which they usually do.

She's clearly not the type to overreact to pain if she went to an urgent care instead of an ER while in active labor.

amother
  Firebrick

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 8:36 pm

Same. Unfathomable to not know I'm pregnant

amother
Mimosa

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 8:37 pm
I must be missing something here.

It was the MOM that said she's not pregnant, not the daughter. Who said the daughter didn't have all the pregnancy symptoms? Denial can be a really powerful thing.

Nauseous? Must be a stomach bug going around. Missed my period? Who's counting? Kicks? That must have been a bit harder to miss, by that point the girl must either have been in deep denial... or she actually did know, just didn't tell her mother.

amother
  Peru

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 8:39 pm
You're also assuming she was fullterm. In these cases often the babies are born a month or more early.

amother
  Dodgerblue  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 9:51 pm
amother Peru wrote:
You're also assuming she was fullterm. In these cases often the babies are born a month or more early.

Why?

amother
Dimgray

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 10:39 pm
Very common actually, I’ve been hearing about cases for years. I’ve always argued with others who say these are fake stories. Cool to hear that you saw it firsthand.

For those saying obesity plays a role, I’ve seen so many who were super skinny (on Big Brother Israel last year there was a super skinny girl whom it happened to).

Also like others have said if you don’t fathom your pregnant then little flutters can feel like gas, I’ve had gas feel like flutters many times. Also there are some people whom pregnancy tests never turn positive (I know some people like that) only bloodwork so if any of them did suspect they would take a pregnancy test and it would be negative.

Regarding not knowing the father in the case, I’m sure she’ll track down her partners and have them swabbed for DNA testing.

DrMom  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 10:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes hope so! If she was Jewish I'd prob find out who she is, offer a meal, give a gift etc.

I actually felt funny walking out like I don't care, kinda goes against the grain...

Why wouldn't you give her a gift just because she is not Jewish? Missed opportunity!

I guess giving her a copy of "What to Expect When You're Expecting" wouldn't make sense, since she wasn't expecting at all.

What a crazy story.

DrMom

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 10:52 pm
synthy wrote:
And if you think about it, baby kicks feel an awful lot like gas. My baby is a year old and I still freak out that there’s a baby inside me every time I’m gassy. So it makes sense to think the other way around too, that kicks are gas, if you’re not aware that there’s a baby inside.

Gas? Mine felt like there was a live turkey inside my abdomen. And I can see my abdomen moving around as the baby is rearranging himself inside me and squirming around. How can somebody not notice that?

amother
  Electricblue  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 10:59 pm
amother Dimgray wrote:
Very common actually, I’ve been hearing about cases for years. I’ve always argued with others who say these are fake stories. Cool to hear that you saw it firsthand.

For those saying obesity plays a role, I’ve seen so many who were super skinny (on Big Brother Israel last year there was a super skinny girl whom it happened to).

Also like others have said if you don’t fathom your pregnant then little flutters can feel like gas, I’ve had gas feel like flutters many times. Also there are some people whom pregnancy tests never turn positive (I know some people like that) only bloodwork so if any of them did suspect they would take a pregnancy test and it would be negative.

Regarding not knowing the father in the case, I’m sure she’ll track down her partners and have them swabbed for DNA testing.
How can they be super skinny
Were their babies premature

Success10

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 11:06 pm
One possibility is that the mother wasn't all there, maybe slightly special needs. Also could explain why, as an adult, her mother has to take her to urgent care.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics