Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Does anyone know what's with SETSS agencies?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 12:44 am
Without naming names, I'm not really getting any info from the school and agency I've been working with the last few years. They said Agudah was having meetings with the DOE to get clarity and see if any mutually beneficial deals could be worked out, but I haven't heard any meaningful updates and September is getting closer and closer. Does anyone know what's going on?

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 12:45 am
Not setts but a related service. I was told 80 an hour on a 1099

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 5:24 pm
Thanks for sharing but I doubt that has to do with the SETSS situation. As far as I know the DOE only changed the rates and policies for SETSS. Though related services were also overdue for a raise so if they also got one, that's great.

metz  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 5:42 pm
My son has setts... spoke to his provider he said that board of ed went up price to $84 an hr so he doesn't need to go under agency he can bill it by himself

amother
Red  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 5:45 pm
curious myself. im a slp with yvy and they also said they might be cutting our hourly rate bc of whats going on. I dont understand why

metz  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 5:59 pm
Cause the agency asked $192 and hr for board of ed and only paid $84 for the providers

bsy  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 5:59 pm
amother Red wrote:
curious myself. im a slp with yvy and they also said they might be cutting our hourly rate bc of whats going on. I dont understand why

Yeled is cutting rates and switching to 1099

bsy  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 6:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks for sharing but I doubt that has to do with the SETSS situation. As far as I know the DOE only changed the rates and policies for SETSS. Though related services were also overdue for a raise so if they also got one, that's great.

No they did not raise the rates unfortunately. Same for 30 years

amother
Babyblue  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 6:07 pm
amother Red wrote:

I'm OT
They are cutting rates
I think it's because they can't enhance anymore
And the DOE didn't raise related services only setts. so I guess if the agencies give the rates they gave last year they will be losing money. Though its hard to know cuz there isn't really any transparency

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 8:15 pm
As a parent of a child who received enhanced rates last year, (and had to sue to and have an impartial hearing to get the rates I agreed upon) I got a letter this week stating that Starting August 1 I cannot agree to rates above $85 for 1 on 1.

metz  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 8:30 pm
U see I am correct...

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 9:37 pm
an agency I work for said they just dont know yet. yes, they're working on it. it may be more beneficial to work in groups, as they may not get 1:1 enhanced. I feel for people who depend on this and are left hanging. I do SETSS, but only part time and mostly private....

amother
Freesia  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 10:00 pm
For those that want to do SETSS privately now someone just posted this new website on the P3 group I'm on https://thetutorshadchan.com/ (there's a filter for SETSS providers)

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 10:09 pm
amother Honeydew wrote:
Not setts but a related service. I was told 80 an hour on a 1099

what sevice? I am an OT, wonder whats going to be

bsy  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 10:32 pm
amother Nasturtium wrote:
what sevice? I am an OT, wonder whats going to be

OTs at my agency were also told 80 on 1099

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 11:05 pm
amother Sienna wrote:
As a parent of a child who received enhanced rates last year, (and had to sue to and have an impartial hearing to get the rates I agreed upon) I got a letter this week stating that Starting August 1 I cannot agree to rates above $85 for 1 on 1.

Interesting, because I got an email today from Agudah with a link to the DOE process for requesting enhanced rate. I'm curious to see the letter.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 11:06 pm
metz wrote:
My son has setts... spoke to his provider he said that board of ed went up price to $84 an hr so he doesn't need to go under agency he can bill it by himself

I would do that too except I work within a school and the school is still saying to wait for an update from the agency they use. They don't want a bunch of private providers running around separately.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 11:07 pm
bsy wrote:
Yeled is cutting rates and switching to 1099

For which providers?

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 11:07 pm
amother Freesia wrote:
For those that want to do SETSS privately now someone just posted this new website on the P3 group I'm on https://thetutorshadchan.com/ (there's a filter for SETSS providers)

What's the p3 group? I would love to connect with other providers, I know there are hundreds but somehow everyone I talk to seems to be in their own world.

bsy  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 11:13 pm
amother Jade wrote:
For which providers?

Ot and speech
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics