Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
A 5 min pregnancy and birth, what a drama!!!!
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 9:15 pm
I was caught in a huge drama today!!!

We were driving from NY to Toronto to visit my in-laws. DD, who suffers from allergies developed a rash. We weren't too concerned at first, but as the hours went by she was really uncomfortable. She was scratching until she bled and screaming

We gave her her usual anti-histamine but not much relief. We called her allergist who suggested we find a local urgent care/doctor's office to have her checked out, as in Toronto our insurance wouldn't cover.

We were driving over 2 days, making stops to visit attractions, staying in an Airbnb. We were in a small sleepy town, and managed to arrange an appointment.

There was only one other person waiting, so we hoped she'd be seen quickly so she'd feel better and we could be on our way.

But then a woman came in with her daughter of around 30 (they weren't Jewish) saying that she's been having terrible stomach pains for 12 hours and they were getting worse. The receptionist took one look and said it might've been a better idea to go yo the hosp, but her Mom said that she didn't think it wasn't bad enough for the hosp. She said that on the way to the doc's office it suddenly got worse.

TBH she looked ill, she couldn't speak, was howling in pain and holding onto walls. To me she looked like she was about 5 months pregnant and was miscarrying. The Doctor heard the hullabalu and ushered her in, after which she called an ambulance, saying the woman was in labor!!

So now, there were two howling woman. The Mom said 'she can't be in labor, she's not pregnant!' But the doc said she most definitely is! Mom: 'But we haven't got any baby clothes!' followed by 'I'm going to be a Grandma!', then 'But she's not pregnant!'

meanwhile the ambulance arrived, and the paramedics jumped out, gave her some oxygen and tried to get her onto a stretcher and into the ambulance.

But...they saw a head! They bundled her off to an examining room, closed off the waiting room, although out of respect for her privacy the couple of people waiting had gone outside, and cancelled all the appointments. Then the doctor and the paramedics delivered the baby!

I don't envy her lol, but who wouldn't love a 5 minute pregnancy??

ETA: We still haven't had dd's rash checked out!

kiwi strawberry

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 9:17 pm
Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!! Isn't there a show called I didn't know I was pregnant, something like that. Wow so so crazy. Hope everyone is well. And hope you get to the bottom of your daughter's rash!

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 9:22 pm
kiwi strawberry wrote:
Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!! Isn't there a show called I didn't know I was pregnant, something like that. Wow so so crazy. Hope everyone is well. And hope you get to the bottom of your daughter's rash!

Lol
Ya there was a show. I used to watch it. Still could never understand how this could happen but that's crazy to see it in real life.

fbc  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 9:23 pm
Omgggg crazy!! My mom had the same thing happen when she was in the ER a few yrs ago. A woman came in screaming in pain and didn't know she was pregnant and suddenly gave birth. So wild!!

amother
Electricblue  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 9:24 pm
Was she full term?

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 9:28 pm
fbc wrote:
Omgggg crazy!! My mom had the same thing happen when she was in the ER a few yrs ago. A woman came in screaming in pain and didn't know she was pregnant and suddenly gave birth. So wild!!

I thought this was unheard of, but guess it's not!

Never heard such a crazy story before today!

amother
Copper  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 9:33 pm
My dream lol! No dealing with all the side effects of pregnancy!!! I always wonder how is this possible tho. Is there no sign of a tummy at all?? They didn’t feel kicks??

amother
Dodgerblue  

Wow insane! And seeing it unfold 1st hand..!

amother
  OP  

amother Electricblue wrote:
Was she full term?

I don't know! We heard a baby crying from the exam room, but didn't stay around! I had all my little kids with me, felt I should just leave...as it is they found it traumatizing, we just hurried them out.

BH they are too young to wonder how a woman can have a baby 'without being pregnant'.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 9:36 pm
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
Wow insane! And seeing it unfold 1st hand..!

Well we didn't actually see the birth! Just the drama!

The birth didn't seem as dramatic as the new Grandma was!

But it was crazy, it literally only took 15 mins!

amother
Lily

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 9:39 pm
An attending at a large ER in NYC told me they get this kind of case every month or two.

yiddishmom

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 9:39 pm
Omg, I've read articles about this, but to witness it, wow!

I also wonder how much a thing is possible.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 9:41 pm
amother Copper wrote:
My dream lol! No dealing with all the side effects of pregnancy!!! I always wonder how is this possible tho. Is there no sign of a tummy at all?? They didn’t feel kicks??

A dream pregnancy maybe, but a life without knowing who the father is! They asked the Grandma where her daughter's partner was and would she like to call him... But she said she's not sure which 'fella' it was!

WhatFor  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 9:44 pm
kiwi strawberry wrote:

Yes! On YouTube there's an "obgyn reacts to I didn't know I was pregnant" that I used to love watching. First thing I thought of when I read the OP. Hope baby and mother were okay!

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 9:47 pm
WhatFor wrote:
Yes! On YouTube there's an "obgyn reacts to I didn't know I was pregnant" that I used to love watching. First thing I thought of when I read the OP. Hope baby and mother were okay!

Yes hope so! If she was Jewish I'd prob find out who she is, offer a meal, give a gift etc.

I actually felt funny walking out like I don't care, kinda goes against the grain...

amother
  Dodgerblue  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 9:48 pm
WhatFor wrote:

Streaming in the "bored youtube thread" currently LOL

amother
  Copper

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 9:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
A dream pregnancy maybe, but a life without knowing who the father is! They asked the Grandma where her daughter's partner was and would she like to call him... But she said she's not sure which 'fella' it was!

Oyyy poor baby

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 10:03 pm
amother Copper wrote:
Oyyy poor baby

Yeah, feel the same...less then ideal circumstances to give birth in..

fbc  

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 10:19 pm
yiddishmom wrote:
Omg, I've read articles about this, but to witness it, wow!

I also wonder how much a thing is possible.

As far as my mother said I'm the situation she witnessed, the woman giving birth was very obese. It's possible that her weight effected how often she had periods, or maybe she was on bc which failed but she wouldn't have known cuz she didn't actually see herself getting bigger. Crazy, but I guess not impossible.

lostmyoldSN

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 10:27 pm
There is a term for it. It's called a cryptic pregnancy.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics