Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 3:17 pm
amother Lightcoral wrote:
Etty should pay for everyone’s therapy.

Starting with herself.

amother
Topaz

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 5:02 pm
amother Lily wrote:
Last week: Rikki spend a lot of time crying over what she read about Avraham Moshe being thrown out of school but she obviously can't tell her husband why. Rikki and hubby find out that N and Avraham Moshe are taking a father-son road trip so of course hubby is jealous but they're really doing it to look for a school that can help with his behavioral issues.

This week: Rikki calls her friend/co-worker Devorah who tells her that the big hock in town is that some guy fleeced money out of a lot of rich people in town who invested with him. She then remembers that her father-in-law had said he invested money with some guy in his shul so she realizes that her in-laws may have been cheated out of their savings as well.

Am I the only one who can't imagine not telling my husband if I learned something about someone in the family?
Of course I understand the need to be confidential, but my husband I would tell.

amother
  Lemon  

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 5:06 pm
amother Topaz wrote:
Am I the only one who can't imagine not telling my husband if I learned something about someone in the family?
Of course I understand the need to be confidential, but my husband I would tell.

No you're not the only one, I can only speak for myself, but I would imagine most of us would 100% say something.

But let's not forget that these are the Kanner's, where 'normal' is different to everyone else's normal', where EVERYTHING'S a secret!

Seems dysfunction is fine as long as no-one knows about it.

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 7:09 pm
amother Topaz wrote:

Absolutely not. I work in medical offices for over 30 years. No way would I tell my husband something confidential.

amother
Pear  

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 7:11 pm
amother Lemon wrote:
No you're not the only one, I can only speak for myself, but I would imagine most of us would 100% say something.

But let's not forget that these are the Kanner's, where 'normal' is different to everyone else's normal', where EVERYTHING'S a secret!

Seems dysfunction is fine as long as no-one knows about it.

I’m Guessing and hoping you’re not a professional or privy to confidential info.

I have known things about people my close family members were dating and would never ever tell them a thing. That’s how it should be.

amother
  Lemon  

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 7:18 pm
amother Pear wrote:
I’m Guessing and hoping you’re not a professional or privy to confidential info.

I have known things about people my close family members were dating and would never ever tell them a thing. That’s how it should be.

No no of course I wouldn't pass on any info I would find out thru my job, that's elementary, it's confidential.
I was referring to what Rikki heard about the guy who scammed people out of their investments,

amother
  Lemon  

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 7:20 pm
amother Pear wrote:

I work in a school and am often privy to stuff about my siblings kids. Nothing drastic like what Rikki found out, but no, I have never and would never pass on any info.

amother
Floralwhite  

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 8:43 pm
amother Pear wrote:

I thought when it comes to dating you are allowed to say for close family members.

Did you ever ask a rav halachos when it comes to family members?

life is fun  

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 7:46 pm
What happened this week?

Perly1

Post Mon, Aug 19 2024, 9:32 am
Rikki doesn't want to post about her job on the family chat so they agree to post a photo of her and Nasanel eating pasta instead!

Peri phones and tells her Malky thinks she's ignoring her and Rikki collapses onto the floor, gasping and weeping.

amother
  Kiwi

Post Mon, Aug 19 2024, 10:43 am
Delete

amother
  Rose

Post Mon, Aug 19 2024, 10:47 am
I don't get Rikkis shock at hearing that Malky said she's avoiding her?
Wasn't she taka doing that?

I wonder what will happen after this collapse? How will she get out of telling Nachi/Nesanel? what caused it?

amother
  Green

Post Mon, Aug 26 2024, 9:55 pm
Can someone please recap?

amother
  Pear

Post Mon, Aug 26 2024, 9:59 pm
amother Floralwhite wrote:
I thought when it comes to dating you are allowed to say for close family members.

Did you ever ask a rav halachos when it comes to family members?

Yes I have discussed confidentiality with a rav at length. There is zero grey here in terms of dina dmalchuta dina and also emes. People trust confidentiality and you can really break someone by breaking their trust, never mind the byproduct of losing your integrity and license.

amother
  Floralwhite

Post Mon, Aug 26 2024, 10:37 pm
amother Pear wrote:
Yes I have discussed confidentiality with a rav at length. There is zero grey here in terms of dina dmalchuta dina and also emes. People trust confidentiality and you can really break someone by breaking their trust, never mind the byproduct of losing your integrity and license.

So are you saying that if you knew someone had a major
Medical illness that can affect a future spouse and future children that it’s hereditary and this person wont live long and your sister was dating him you were not allowed to warn your sister?

life is fun

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 8:18 pm
What happened last week?

amother
  Lemon  

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 5:15 am
life is fun wrote:
What happened last week?

Perri reaches out for sholom bayis help behind meir's back. She uses an old email address she used back in school, and presses send. The address is the org Rikki works for in Texas....

amother
  Mintcream  

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 5:19 am
amother Lemon wrote:
Perri reaches out for sholom bayis help behind meir's back. She uses an old email address she used back in school, and presses send. The address is the org Rikki works for in Texas....

Is it?,how do you know?
Page 8 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room