Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Has anyone been to the zoo in Omaha, Nebraska?

amother
OP  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 1:43 am
It sounds amazing and I would love to go. Thing is we live on the East Coast and I don't really have 375 to spend per plane ticket. Does anyone have any ideas? Drive would be like 18 hours.... Just dreaming out loud and wondering if anyone has creative advice to offer or has been there and can confirm that it would be worth a trip.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 2:04 am
Following. I live much closer, but also debating if the travel price and time would be worth it. What ages would recommend it for?

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 2:15 am
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
Following. I live much closer, but also debating if the travel price and time would be worth it. What ages would recommend it for?

It looks amazing to me. In terms of the ages I feel like it kind of depends how your family feels about zoos in general. My kids are 10 and under and like animals , so we are in the stage where zoos are great. I know some families where the kids have always been like zoos are dumb and so in that case I'm not sure.. but it sounds really special

doctorima

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 10:14 am
If cost is the issue, it doesn't have to come down to an expensive flight into the small local airport vs. a crazy long drive. Look into cheaper flights to Denver, Kansas City, or even St. Louis or Chicago, and then combine it with some activities in those cities or places along the way.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 10:25 am
I used to live in Omaha. The zoo is the best in the country and in the top ten zoos in the world year after year for a reason. YES GO TO THE ZOO.

There are other things to do in Omaha also while you are there. Google the city and see for yourself!

For kosher omaha, visit https://www.orthodoxomaha.org/kashrut.html

Bagel Bin is the BEST IN THE WORLD. I used to be mashgicha there, it's top notch.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics