Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Vacuum cleaner recs

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 10:20 am
ISO a new vacuum cleaner. A good brand for a decent price. Any recommendations?
Thank you

scruffy

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 10:22 am
Based on recommendations from this site, I got this one a few months back and so far I'm really liking it.

https://www.amazon.com/Shark-N.....X0DER

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 10:25 am
Thank you!

Hashem_Yaazor  

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 1:16 pm
Yup, 10 years later and I'm still very happy with my decision to get that one!

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 9:23 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Yup, 10 years later and I'm still very happy with my decision to get that one!

Thank you
Does is have a strong suction?

Hashem_Yaazor  

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 3:01 am
Yes. NY Times reviewed it as their top pick.

Bnei Berak 10  

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 3:50 am
Cordless or with cord?
I have a Miele with cord. German top quality. Very happy with it.

Amarante  

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 6:09 am
I had to replace a vacuum cleaner a few months ago and I spent way too much time researching and agonizing.

I am not sure what you mean by a "good price" but based on personal recommendations from friends plus research, I wound up with a Miele Canister C3 Turbo.

My home is wood floors with low pile area rugs and this was recommended for that kind of needs. I don't have carpet for which a different kind of vacuum is best.

The best advice I got was from a subb/redditt devoted to vacuum cleaners. You can post your specific needs - ie. what kind of surfaces you clean and your price range and you will get great suggestions as there are people who are professionals or just seem to be vacuum mavens

https://www.reddit.com/r/VacuumCleaners/

Bnei Berak 10

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 8:10 am
Amarante wrote:
I had to replace a vacuum cleaner a few months ago and I spent way too much time researching and agonizing.

I am not sure what you mean by a "good price" but based on personal recommendations from friends plus research, I wound up with a Miele Canister C3 Turbo.

My home is wood floors with low pile area rugs and this was recommended for that kind of needs. I don't have carpet for which a different kind of vacuum is best.

The best advice I got was from a subb/redditt devoted to vacuum cleaners. You can post your specific needs - ie. what kind of surfaces you clean and your price range and you will get great suggestions as there are people who are professionals or just seem to be vacuum mavens

https://www.reddit.com/r/VacuumCleaners/

Since there is such a large selection of everything today plus massive advertising independent research has become a MUST.
By the way I have the c3 too Smile

amother
Steel

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 8:13 am
I have a Miele compact c1.

Amarante

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 8:13 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Since there is such a large selection of everything today plus massive advertising independent research has become a MUST.
By the way I have the c3 too Smile

It was really difficult because even within the brands there are so many variations.

And of course when one starts reading reviews, there is always something that made me hesitate.

I am quite pleased with the Miele and I think it was a fair price. It is so quiet which is a plus.

amother
  OP

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 8:18 am
Thank you all

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 8:19 am
The other side of the coin is that so many choices can lead to being overwhelmed and stressed. There is no one best, there's are many very good options and just setting your musts (for me it was lightweight, HEPA filter, budget, and great reviews) and then a time limit to find something that meets your musts will help just get the decision over with.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry