Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Internet Filter

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 5:17 am
I am on the lookout for a great internet filter that does not impede on my needs.
I need a filter that will allow me to continue using the internet as I do in my day to day life - and the purpose of it is to prevent access to filth. Nothing else.

For day to day use:
- I am a web developer so need something that won't interfere with coding programs, Wordpress, shopify
- I am an SEO, so need something that won't interfere with keyword research, finding competitors, and yes, that means having access to basically everything on the internet.
- In my field, there is endless learning, and youtube is the quickest way to do that - so I need access to the entire youtube
- I am on a fitness journey and workout every day using Lindsey Bomgren's youtube channel @nourishmovelove. Unfortunately, most filters categorize her as lingerie - so I need something that won't have that issue.
- On that note - I need a filter that will allow lingerie, because I am quite uncomfortable purchasing in-store.

I have already tried Netspark (wasn't compatible with my computer), and Techloq (doesn't allow lingerie due to internal policies).

OddoneOut1

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 7:30 am
Doesn’t techloq allow you to request access to denied sites? And I thought they let you get past the next step also as long as you approve?

channikah

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 2:50 pm
I'm pretty sure Gentech has an option to completely customize the filters (I.e. create a whitelist for the sites you're having issues with at other providers). Hope this helps XO!

Molly Weasley

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 3:30 pm
We have gentech. DH set it up with TAG to allow certain sites, even in a "bad" category, via whitelist

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 4:21 pm
we also have gentech-were very happy with it

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 4:27 pm
Qustodio

amother
PlumPink  

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 5:05 pm
amother Purple wrote:
Qustodio

Is it good for android phones as well? I'm looking to filter 'just' filth.

cm123

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 5:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
I am on the lookout for a great internet filter that does not impede on my needs.
I need a filter that will allow me to continue using the internet as I do in my day to day life - and the purpose of it is to prevent access to filth. Nothing else.

For day to day use:
- I am a web developer so need something that won't interfere with coding programs, Wordpress, shopify
- I am an SEO, so need something that won't interfere with keyword research, finding competitors, and yes, that means having access to basically everything on the internet.
- In my field, there is endless learning, and youtube is the quickest way to do that - so I need access to the entire youtube
- I am on a fitness journey and workout every day using Lindsey Bomgren's youtube channel @nourishmovelove. Unfortunately, most filters categorize her as lingerie - so I need something that won't have that issue.
- On that note - I need a filter that will allow lingerie, because I am quite uncomfortable purchasing in-store.

I have already tried Netspark (wasn't compatible with my computer), and Techloq (doesn't allow lingerie due to internal policies).

I’m very happy with covenant eyes/web Chaver. It is mostly accountability as it sends random blurred screenshots to your “Chaver”. It also has a filtering option with different levels of strictness. I’m very happy with it. I’ve tried different filters, but they all interfered with my day to day computer use.

bookstore15

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 6:13 pm
I have used qustodio- it works pretty well on an android phone, tho not perfect. It didn't work for my laptop at all. I think covenant eyes might be good for you, they have customizable filter options in addition to the monitoring. Costs like $8 a month?

amother
  PlumPink

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 10:13 pm
bookstore15 wrote:
I have used qustodio- it works pretty well on an android phone, tho not perfect. It didn't work for my laptop at all. I think covenant eyes might be good for you, they have customizable filter options in addition to the monitoring. Costs like $8 a month?

What about it is not perfect?

amother
Kiwi

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 10:17 pm
I have gentec. It doesn’t really filter youtube. It mainly blocks social networking sites and certain keywords. For example if you google bra it might block but if you go onto a website you can browse through.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics