Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
My small chesed in tisha bav

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 3:41 pm
My baby is nursing and is 12 mnths and I have lots of littles and was paskened to only fast till Chatzos, which I did.
My neighbor on the other hand, her baby is 3 weeks old and she confided in me that she was told to fast.
My automatic response in my head was 'Crazy. Her baby and her weak body'. Instead I responded
" Gitty, I can help you watch your newborn so you can sleep and fast well" (I did not tell her that I'm not fasting.....)
Just wanna share, how sometimes its so hard to understand why others do so diffrently than you, but then how easy is it to do a chesed??

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 3:50 pm
Kol hakavod! That’s not a small chesed, it’s huge!

hodeez

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 4:20 pm
Wow that is an incredible chesed

azoygeshmak

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 4:21 pm
Not small at all!

imaima

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 4:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
My baby is nursing and is 12 mnths and I have lots of littles and was paskened to only fast till Chatzos, which I did.
My neighbor on the other hand, her baby is 3 weeks old and she confided in me that she was told to fast.
My automatic response in my head was 'Crazy. Her baby and her weak body'. Instead I responded
" Gitty, I can help you watch your newborn so you can sleep and fast well" (I did not tell her that I'm not fasting.....)
Just wanna share, how sometimes its so hard to understand why others do so diffrently than you, but then how easy is it to do a chesed??

This is huge
Taking care of kids is the hardest part for me

BaltoMom65

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 4:23 pm
You are wonderful!! Spreading light!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 4:27 pm
amother OP wrote:

Wow thanks for posting this, I just thought I'd love to start a thread on the 'small' chassodim we do, even on a difficult day.

I have a friend going thru a difficult pregnancy, it didn't matter to me whether she is or isn't fasting, but she was worried about managing today with all her littles home.

BH I fast well, so I texted her to bring her kids over to play with my kids, and join my little ones for supper. I only served sandwiches, but it made her day so much easier.

simcha12plus

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 4:34 pm
special!!
special for any day, but especially today.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note