Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Do you go to eicha?
Previous  1  2

Do you go to eicha?
Yes  
 21%  [ 46 ]
No  
 78%  [ 172 ]
Total Votes : 218

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 10:26 am
Went as a girl. Went to kinus and shachris as well. Not these days. I belong at home bh

lamplighter

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 11:38 am
I didn't go when I was young, then was in camp and we did eicha in camp, I was in camp or the country all the years until I got married. I went with my husband until we had kids and I haven't gone since.

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 11:43 am
Grew up in camp (I was a staff brat and my parents started going when I was 4)

I don’t recall even not going. We have a late reading so husbands and wives can trade off staying home with kids. My husband is very kind and always insists on going to the later one so I don’t have to go at 9:30 pm.
The Ezrat Nashim was full.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 12:19 pm
Same always went until I became a mother. When my kids are all grown will iyh go again

amother
Hyacinth

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 12:37 pm
Yes, of course.

amother
Tealblue  

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 12:44 pm
I went last night and it was very uncomfortable that men and boys kept coming in, seeing me, and leaving.

Felt like it was very annoying for them that I was there

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 12:49 pm
I always went, they leined it from a klaf.
Didn't go this year as wasn't feeling well.
No kids yet, iyh when we get there I guess there'll be no more going.

amother
  Fern

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 12:53 pm
amother Tealblue wrote:
I went last night and it was very uncomfortable that men and boys kept coming in, seeing me, and leaving.

Felt like it was very annoying for them that I was there

I don’t understand. I assume you were in the women’s section. are men in your community annoyed with women in the women’s section ?

jd1212

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 1:06 pm
Yes I did- RWMO, most women in my shul go and trade off with husbands for a 10pm reading.

amother
  Tealblue

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 3:26 pm
amother Fern wrote:
I don’t understand. I assume you were in the women’s section. are men in your community annoyed with women in the women’s section ?

Yes, I was in the ezras nashim. I guess men are used to using that room since women aren't there most of the time. They use it for some minyanim during the week.... so they don't think that a woman would be there

iammom

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 3:33 pm
Never went as a girl, I didn’t know it was a thing for women to go until my husband told me about the concept.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 4:16 pm
I went to sleepaway camp from a pretty young age, so got used to it there. Continued going until I had kids, now I don't go. It's not an obligation like with Purim, so I'm not going to make a thing to switch off with dh. Iyh when my youngest is old enough, I'll go again.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 6:46 pm
I am a bubby and only recently heard that many ladies don't go to shul for Eicha.

As a girl in various bungalow colonies all the ladies went to Eicha leining.

And in camp all the girls heard Eicha leined.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 8:34 am
I did not go growing up. My first exposure was in sleepaway camp. Since my kids have been old enough to go , I go with my kids.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note