Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Girls Sleepaway Camps- Recommend Some To Me!
Previous  1  2  3

amother
  Carnation

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 1:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
So, I've asked around and it sounds like most girls go to Tehilla or Sternberg 2nd half. I've heard nice things about Tehilla but it seems like it might be a little too Yeshivish- not sure. I just don't like that there is no website, that it can be hard to get into. I don't love the idea of having to track someone down to get an application and I can't even see pictures or read about it on a website. I'm sure it is a lovely place- but maybe not for us. Everyone who sends to Sternberg is very happy and similar in terms of hashkafa to us. I guess my only concern is if it will be a crowd that is more to the left of us....

I don’t think Tehilla is too much to the right. In the in town places the more left wing BY girls go there. It’s not really a yeshivish crowd.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 1:14 pm
Chayalle wrote:
OP didn't mention if her DD would wear no socks or short socks.
I know girls who go to Camp Tehila who would wear mid-calf socks.
It's a chilled, non-Jappy type of crowd. DD has good friends from BK (Lakewood) who go there. Really nice girls. Not super-yeshivish, but very nice frum girls.
I would have sent my DD there in a heartbeat, had she wanted to go.

My daughter wears knee socks to school. On sundays/summer- she'll wear crew socks- not knee socks. But, she would have no problem with knee socks. The only time she'll go without socks is if we are heading to the pool or something. The whole no website thing bothers me for some reason.

nicole81  

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 1:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
So, I've asked around and it sounds like most girls go to Tehilla or Sternberg 2nd half. I've heard nice things about Tehilla but it seems like it might be a little too Yeshivish- not sure. I just don't like that there is no website, that it can be hard to get into. I don't love the idea of having to track someone down to get an application and I can't even see pictures or read about it on a website. I'm sure it is a lovely place- but maybe not for us. Everyone who sends to Sternberg is very happy and similar in terms of hashkafa to us. I guess my only concern is if it will be a crowd that is more to the left of us....

At Sternberg there will be girls to the left of you and girls to the right of you.

amother
Blushpink

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 2:17 pm
amother OP wrote:

Tehilla is a solid BY camp with a little less emphasis on brand name things and fancy programming than some of the other camps. Dd doesn’t think any of her friends that send there would wear short socks out of the house but it’s possible. You can’t even send your girls email which reading the Camp Bais Yaakov thread apparently horrifies some people. I find it an inconvenience but I’m comfortable with a camp that promotes that hashkafa. They do email for applications and communication with parents. There’s a website link you get to apply. You don’t have to track anyone down except for one email to get on the email list.
It is hard to get into, they have so many more girls applying than spaces available. It’s a problem.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 2:22 pm
Is it difficult at all to get into Sternberg? When do applications open?

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 4:32 pm
amother Tiffanyblue wrote:

No it's not. Applications open in the fall

nicole81

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 12:41 am
amother Tiffanyblue wrote:

It's not, but the second half fills up more quickly. I also know a nice girl that didn't get in because of something a teacher said (they check school references) so while it's not hard, they're looking for a certain type, too and they really take into account what the reference says.

jewish mamale

Post Today at 12:01 am
What about Machaneinu? Sounds like it might fit the bill
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps