Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
3 yo won’t go number 2

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 6:10 pm
My daughter is trained for wet for months but will only make number 2 in her underwear. Any tips or advice?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 6:24 pm
I had that with my son when he was first trained. I would put put him on the toilet every time he dirtied his underwear and made a huge deal when after 2 months he finally made a tiny bit in the toilet. Shortly after that he made completely on the toilet and was able to continue to do so.

They have to learn how to relax enough on the toilet in order to be able to have a bowel movement. For some kids this can take time. I would read books while he was on the toilet to get him to stay on there longer. I found putting him on the toilet backwards was a better position to help him go.

amother
Coffee  

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 9:45 pm
give mirilax in a drink once a day, it will soften the stool. once they get used to going the soft stool it will be easier to adapt to regular.
I had the same issue with my oldest child, wish someone wouldve given me this idea then.. it was torture..

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 9:54 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
give mirilax in a drink once a day, it will soften the stool. once they get used to going the soft stool it will be easier to adapt to regular.
I had the same issue with my oldest child, wish someone wouldve given me this idea then.. it was torture..

I second this!! Same experience as above poster.

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 9:58 pm
amother Coffee wrote:

Tried it. Didn’t work. She’s afraid to try.

amother
  Coffee

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 10:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
Tried it. Didn’t work. She’s afraid to try.

ask your pediatrician. maybe you can up the dose so she cant hold back?
motivation? chart? prizes?
good luck!!

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 10:06 pm
Figure out what time a day she goes, get her on then with treats, something to watch, make it exciting.

amother
Milk

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 10:28 pm
Took me until my son was 5 years
What worked was his morah sending him home when he was dirty and lot and lots of encouragement and praise

amother
Latte

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 10:39 pm
We’re struggling with this too. My daughter is turning 3 a few weeks into the school year.
I asked a friend of mine who is a 3 year old morah what her policy is regarding toilet training and she said all kids must be fully trained including #2. (Not where I’m sending)
I’m wondering what other morahs policies are and what people do in this situation.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 11:01 pm
She will get over this, I saw a natural good tasting stimulant advertised in Mishpacha. Or try making compote with apple, pears and prunes and giving it to her.
I second the mother who wrote to see her doctor.

amother
Bellflower

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 11:03 pm
Same situation. My kid is registered for school!! Must be trained within 3 weeks, she is afraid to try, also seems to have constipation issues but won't even do #1. What am I supposed to do??

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 12:15 am
Have her sit on the toilet wearing a diaper every time she needs to go and after a few days of this just open the top of the diaper, then each time slowly take it off more as she gets more comfortable, (hold it behind her touching her back but not covering her bottom...) until she's ready to try without the diaper

amother
Electricblue

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 1:24 am
Try using a potty not the toilet. It gives her feet a solid surface to stand on and makes her feel more confident.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training