Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
PSA - Nine Days - Kav Halacha Hotline for the Win!

watergirl  

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 8:57 am
I had a pretty mega nine days questions last night for my oldest daughter. The ends of her hair was dyed blue at her camp job (thanks color run). She goes to a frum women's college and has another job at night and can't have the blue hair. She tried all the remedies and nothing took out the blue ends. One product took out some of it but the hair started literally breaking off.

I called Kav Halacha and the rav I spoke with was so compassionate and understanding, and he really thought through the question before telling me first, yes she can cut the hair to make it work for her. Then he asked if that would be ok with her, and I said maybe, she might need to dye it all her real color to fix the ends so it's not too short.

He told me she can do whatever she needs to do to fix her hair and make her feel comfortable.

This is a psak for HER and no one else. Obviously.

I'm posting this here because I just read from someone asking if she can clean her counters on the nine days. This is the type of thing Kav Halacha is perfect for. Their rabbonim are the real thing. "Name Brand" rabbis that you know but would never call directly. All giving their time for the klal, because they realize we're embarrassed to call our own LOR sometimes.

Last week I scored a pair of brand new Ugg slippers for $60 from someone and wanted to wear them right away. My husband said for sure I can't, because they make me so happy and excited. But he called for me and we were shocked that the rav said yes I can wear them now and not wait until after 9 Av. I was SHOCKED.

Call. Ask the hard or embarrassing questions. Don't be more machmir than you need to be because you are embarrassed to ask.

emee2

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 11:13 am
What’s the number?

watergirl

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 11:16 am
emee2 wrote:
What’s the number?

https://kavhalacha.org/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions