Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Tisha bav camp

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 10:01 pm
Dd10 and friend want to make a Tisha bav camp for local 4 year old kids. We aren’t in a bungalow but a town upstate Ny and the local day camps decided they aren’t having camp Tisha bav (they were supposed to and decided against it).

I Dont have much supplies in my rental house but I want to encourage her to do this. I think they’d only do it for 2-3 hours in the morning.

I’m not the creative type at all. What games activities would 4 year olds enjoy that are appropriate for Tisha bav morning (no dancing, no baking, no super crazy running around etc)

salt

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 6:14 am
How many 4 year olds? If it's a smallish group they can read them stories and play games (memory game, snakes and ladders, etc).

Build a beis hamikdash with lego or building blocks.

Cutting pictures out of magazines and sticking.
Colouring.
You might have to buy a few supplies for this.

Games outside, races, etc.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 6:58 am
Four year olds and ten year olds aren't fasting, so they can go ahead and run around. Working off some of their energy will be a big help to their parents in the afternoon.

If you buy Mispacha, they normally print a plan for a Tisha b'Av camp in the Shabbat Chazon edition. They don't have to follow it completely, but it can give some good ideas as a starting point.

You can buy them basic supplies that they need, or they can pay you for it out of what they charge. Or, since they won't be making very much, they could pay you just for a proportion of it.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 8:05 am
Play dough
coloring
bubbles
necklaces out of fruit loops

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 9:28 am
Thanks! How much do you think they can charge? Let’s say for 2 hours

bakingmom

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 9:31 am
Whenever I sent my kids to tish be'av camp, they made paper slippers. (a bit late as kids were all already wearing them, but it was appropriate for the day, and kept them busy!)

dankbar

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 7:06 am
Create kosel with shaking people davening. Or wrap around a can for pencil holder, or on a tissue box.
Slippers and holder, you can do bunny slippers or with pipe cleaner and beads
Yerushalayim skyline with cut out shapes from construction paper
Slippers from long rice cake, covered in white chocolate and striped colored sour belts in an x.
Mitzvah aveirah games, like jumping on black and white papers, or yetzer Horah and yetzer tov simple Simon.
Races with building cup towers, for building up beis hamikdosh

I want to do with my kids and neighbors, bird in bird cage, Hashem should free klal Yisrael, you know the song, little bird is calling.....
And nest from chow nein noodles stuck together with chocolate and white jelly beans for eggs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note