Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Is it my responsibility re: carpool

amother
OP  

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 11:33 pm
My son is a counselor in camp but he is too young to drive so I take him both ways.
He has been going to camp for a few years.
When we first started without prior knowledge I was told I will be taking another counselor who does have a license but is dorming with relatives.
I don't know how it happened but they assumed that I will take everyday back and forth because I am going anyway.
Now my car had a little accident and needs to be fixed so I am without a car until it's fixed.
Could I ask this guy if he could arrange transportation for him and my son or is it my responsibility to do?

amother
NeonPurple

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 11:38 pm
Of course you can ask! So nice of you!
Especially if you've been doing him the favor of driving him for the 2nd year in a row.
But he might not have a way to work it out...then what?

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 12:26 am
amother OP wrote:
My son is a counselor in camp but he is too young to drive so I take him both ways.
He has been going to camp for a few years.
When we first started without prior knowledge I was told I will be taking another counselor who does have a license but is dorming with relatives.
I don't know how it happened but they assumed that I will take everyday back and forth because I am going anyway.
Now my car had a little accident and needs to be fixed so I am without a car until it's fixed.
Could I ask this guy if he could arrange transportation for him and my son or is it my responsibility to do?

What do you mean when you write that you were "told" you'll be taking another counselor???

amother
  OP

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 8:05 am
amother Orange wrote:
What do you mean when you write that you were "told" you'll be taking another counselor???

I don't really remember I think my son came home after the first day and said we are going to be taking this guy everyday. I don't think anyone called me.

This counselor is an adult.
He lives by relatives.
So my question is do I need to be responsible for getting a ride or could I put it on him who knows everyone to find a ride.
I don't think his relatives want to get involves but I don't think it is really fair to me to be the only one responsible for getting them there everyday.
I really don't mind doing bit but I'm just in a bind now and stuck without a car.

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 8:17 am
You are absolutely not responsible. And he owes you the favor ten times over. I’d definitely say the car is not available please arrange rides for my son too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette