Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Parenting tips and tricks

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 8:07 pm
Everyone imagines themselves to be the most perfect, patient mother- that is, until they have kids. BH I think I’m doing a decent job finally, but nowhere as good as my single self would have imagined. And that’s okay! At least I have experience now LOL .

So what parenting tips and tricks help you get through the day and are worth the effort you put into them?

I’ll add a tip now and include more as I think of them.

Tip:
I’d say getting an alarm clock for my preteen has done wonders for our relationship. Waking her up for the fifth time that day is never as fun as the first.

What are your tips?

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 8:20 pm
Have a drink after the kids go to bed

mushkamothers

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 8:24 pm
My biggest trick is setting up the environment for success. Making things accessible like water, snacks, clothing. Make things inaccessible like out of reach or make the battery die. Set it up so they can play independently. Yes space for the baby. Etc etc it's so intuitive now

mom!

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 8:39 pm
A well fed mother is a better mother!

(Yes a well rested mother too, but that isn’t always something we can control.)

GoldenOra

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 9:05 pm
Keeping to a schedule is key!!! Keep the kids well slept makes everyone happier and healthier.

613mitzvahgirl

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 9:09 pm
Keeping the house in order. Yes it’s hard but it keeps me sane. I always makes sure the house is in order before I go to sleep and everyone’s in bed. This way there’s no chaos in the morning rush.

amother
Pansy

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 9:11 pm
I got some very simple, but very helpful advice from a wise rabbi, when I was complaining about the dynamics between my kids and various issues with my kids:

Stop noticing everything!

amother
Alyssum  

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 9:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
Everyone imagines themselves to be the most perfect, patient mother- that is, until they have kids. BH I think I’m doing a decent job finally, but nowhere as good as my single self would have imagined. And that’s okay! At least I have experience now LOL .

So what parenting tips and tricks help you get through the day and are worth the effort you put into them?

I’ll add a tip now and include more as I think of them.

Tip:
I’d say getting an alarm clock for my preteen has done wonders for our relationship. Waking her up for the fifth time that day is never as fun as the first.

What are your tips?

Don't leave all Shabbos prep for friday. Make a list of everything that needs to get done, and do what you can during the week.

amother
  Alyssum  

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 9:15 pm
[quote="amother Alyssum"]Don't leave all Shabbos prep for friday. Make a list of everything that needs to get done, and do what you can during the week. It will hopefully lead to a calm and patient mother come friday.... Wink

amother
  Alyssum

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 9:15 pm
]Don't leave all Shabbos prep for friday. Make a list of everything that needs to get done, and do what you can during the week. It will hopefully lead to a calm and patient mother come friday.... Wink

wanttobehappy

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 11:25 pm
Regime Zahavah Braunstein said in her last khallah class that she begs us to take as Kidco cleaning help as possible and make more tuna for dinner. Rather then get a new robe for Yomtov. U should save your emotional energy for ur husband and children

amother
Starflower  

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 12:28 am
Leave out clothing the night before, makes the morning so much easier.

A happy mother influences her children towards happiness.

Don’t make a big deal around food (ie if a child is extra picky, you’ll just make it into a “thing”).

Take children out one on one so they feel special.

Buy them what they need.

yudiyu

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 10:39 am
I've recently realised that kids have a love language like adults:

Words of affirmation
Quality time
Physical touch
Acts of service
Receiving gifts

Now I understand why one of my kids loves cuddles and the other hate cuddles but loves gifts and me doing things for her all the time and another always wants quality time. It's just how they're requesting more love.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 11:00 am
wanttobehappy wrote:
Regime Zahavah Braunstein said in her last khallah class that she begs us to take as Kidco cleaning help as possible and make more tuna for dinner. Rather then get a new robe for Yomtov. U should save your emotional energy for ur husband and children

Sorry, can you please clarify?
Take *as little* (that's what I assume you meant) cleaning help and make tuna (so that you have time to clean)? Or save money from not paying for cleaning so you can buy a robe? I'm not understanding.

amother
  Starflower

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 3:41 pm
Rebbetzin Braunstein was known for saying eat noodles and use your money to pay for more cleaning help!!

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 5:52 pm
amother Starflower wrote:
Rebbetzin Braunstein was known for saying eat noodles and use your money to pay for more cleaning help!!

Very smart!

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 5:54 pm
amother Starflower wrote:
Leave out clothing the night before, makes the morning so much easier.

A happy mother influences her children towards happiness.

Don’t make a big deal around food (ie if a child is extra picky, you’ll just make it into a “thing”).

Take children out one on one so they feel special.

Buy them what they need.

I love the picky food point. Well said. And I see such a difference when I take my kids out one on one. I love this
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics