Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
S/O Walmart +
Previous  1  2

Cheiny

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 5:59 pm
amother Ginger wrote:
I never thought of that! I've been getting very bad produce and couldn't figure out what the problem was.

Am I the only one who likes to pick my own produce and wouldn’t rely on a store employee to do it?

amother
  Sunflower

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 6:02 pm
amother Honey wrote:
$1 per mile round trip. More if it’s a shlep (Ie into a building in multiple trips via a quick walk from the curb to the porch, a large order, heavy items)

The drivers aren’t Walmart employees. They are making beans and I think contracted by door dash. At least this covers mileage plus a little bit.

If I know I’m not the only stop (because they did a delivery after picking up mine and before they delivered mine), I reduce the tip.

Why in the world do you reduce your tip for drivers delivering multiple orders?? How unkind! You realize all of the gig delivery services typically give shoppers and drivers bundles of multiple orders, not just single orders, right? And that they literally cannot typically accept only your order even if they’d prefer to? That’s how it works. And I guarantee, if you keep doing that, they’ll remember your address, know you reduced their tip, and keep delivering to you second vs. first because why deliver to the person who reduces their tip first??

amother
  Honeydew

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 6:15 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Am I the only one who likes to pick my own produce and wouldn’t rely on a store employee to do it?

Of course I like picking my own produce. But not at the expense of the time it takes me to shop in store.

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 6:40 pm
Cheiny wrote:
I had a bad first experience and therefore cancelled. Ordered all kinds of paper products (paper towels, etc) and most of what I ordered didn’t come… they claimed they didn’t have them in stock so didn’t send… then I went into the store and they were fully stocked there…

They often are delivering from a different store- not the closest one or most convenient one for you. I did walmart+ once and loved it. They shipped from a much further one which I didn't understand.
You also can put substitutes in and they will pick a close substitution. I wouldn't do food because I may get something not kosher but for paper towels? I am not that particular.

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 6:52 pm
Cheiny wrote:

Walmart has very bad produce to begin with. 🤷‍♀️

I am an excellent produce picker but I have pretty good luck ordering through Instacart from the markets I know which have better produce in my city.

I don’t know about Walmart but Instacart workers shops and deliver. I top them 20% because that is their income as Instacart essentially pays them nothing. Also the experienced shoppers won’t pick a low tipping order so it will either sit or it will be picked up by a low rated shopped.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics