Neuropsych eval cheap place for cash.
Previous  1  2

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 11:53 am
If ur just doing it purely to please the school:
Rebecca Soffer
+1 (516) 998-6483
She was under a thousand a couple years ago. Like a few hundred don’t remember exactly

amother
  Hydrangea  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 1:05 pm
marineparkmom wrote:
Do you have a list of which places accept the DOE reimbursment

The CSE office will need to provide you with the list together with an AA form which you would give to the evaluator so he can get reimbursed. There are tons of neuropsychologists who accept it. You need to get the list directly from the cse office.

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 1:47 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
The CSE office will need to provide you with the list together with an AA form which you would give to the evaluator so he can get reimbursed. There are tons of neuropsychologists who accept it. You need to get the list directly from the cse office.

Thank you your information helped us the most and we are going down this road.

amother
Canary

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 1:54 pm
I did one for my son with Hamaspik. Paid 600 I think

amother
  Hydrangea  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 3:09 pm
I am so happy! Hatzlacha! If you need help with the results, feel free to post again. I work in a similar field within the DOE.

nylon

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 7:52 pm
There are definitely neuropsychs who take insurance. The problem is that the wait list might be 18 months or even longer. I'm outside NYC but our wait time, AFTER referral by dev ped for more in-depth testing, was over 2 years. (That was in Baltimore, at KKI, so not a small city with no psychologists.)

If you don't want to wait you have to pay. So go back to the school and ask if it has to be specifically a Neuropsych and what testing they want done. A regular psychologist will be much easier to find.

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 9:08 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
I am so happy! Hatzlacha! If you need help with the results, feel free to post again. I work in a similar field within the DOE.

And they can also bill your insurance and you won’t have to pay.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 9:11 pm
amother Snow wrote:
Many universities have graduate student (but supervised) programs on a sliding scale or for much less money than private practice. There is a waitlist. Look up schools near you.

Try Rutgers.

snowflake1

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 7:22 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
Is the school in NYC? If so, you have a right to ask for an Independent Evaluation , and have a neuropsych who accepts doe conduct the eval. They can be reimbursed up to 3500 I believe.
Write a letter to your local cse office strongly requesting this. They can't deny you.

I work for the DOE. Shhhh. Most people don't know this

Can I request an evaluation if the school does not have any issues with my son? They are very hands off and he mostly holds it together at school but we are really not managing at home. Does he have to get special Ed services in order for me to do this

amother
  Hydrangea  

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 9:26 pm
snowflake1 wrote:
Can I request an evaluation if the school does not have any issues with my son? They are very hands off and he mostly holds it together at school but we are really not managing at home. Does he have to get special Ed services in order for me to do this

In order for this to be completed, you would have to open an initial evaluation request for your child. They will not provide a neuropsychological to a child who hasn't been opened to consider special education.

amother
  Hydrangea

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 9:29 pm
snowflake1 wrote:

You can request an evaluation even without the school recommendation. As I mentioned, it would have to be opened as an initial evaluation through the DOE ans your child would need to undergo several tests/observations as well.
What issues are you having? Are they related to attention, focus, hyperactivity, impulsively, low frustration tolerance? If so you can probably skip the neuropsychological and go for a neurological evaluation to a neurologist who more likely takes insurance. A neuropsych evaluation looks at the brains functioning together with cognitive and academic abilities. Which you may not be concerned about.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics