Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Non-frum Jewish school for 3y/o
Previous  1  2

bnm

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 5:04 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
My 3 year old has speech and comprehension issues and is going to Lakewood public school this school year 🤷🏻‍♀️

From what I understood Lakewood NJ public school has a class that is basically Jewish with Jewish teachers. It is not the same as sending to a reform school.

amother
Phlox

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 5:14 pm
I'm RWMO. I went to great lengths to have my son in a frum environment when the other options were easier. I don't claim to know how Hashem awards s'char but I can say that a lot of good came out of that decision.

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 5:17 pm
S1959 wrote:
Do they teach children to daven to Hashem?

Are mainstream frum schools teaching 3-4 y/o's davening? This is our oldest kid -- what could a 3-4y/o even understand beyond very, very basic concepts like Hashem created this and that and be thankful to Hashem for this and that...

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 6:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
Are mainstream frum schools teaching 3-4 y/o's davening? This is our oldest kid -- what could a 3-4y/o even understand beyond very, very basic concepts like Hashem created this and that and be thankful to Hashem for this and that...
Yes, schools teach young children davening. The Rambam says the first thing a father should teach his child to say is ' Torah tziva'. Children are very affected by their environment - even unborn children.

amother
Bellflower

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 6:31 pm
amother OP wrote:

Davening very much so and learning the aleph Bais and parsha every week. My son just turned 3 and they also make a Bracha on his Tzitzis every day. They learn Brachos on all the foods too.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics