Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Neuropsych eval cheap place for cash.
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 8:51 pm
The school is demanding that we do a neuropsych eval. We really don’t care for it. It’s going to cost at least $2000. Is there any place cheaper ? We are not interested in going through insurance as no places cover it . Also no to Dr Hasan he doesn’t do it. Dr Gampel charges 1800 so no thank you. Also not interested in board of Ed as the school is scared that they may actually find out that he’s smart and take away services. I don’t really care for the quality of it is just to satisfy the school. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with my son.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 9:33 pm
My insurance covers totally, Fidelis. Call the mental health group at our insurer and ask them to help you find a provider.

amother
Dahlia

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 9:39 pm
thats very upsetting that the school is making you do that. can I ask how old child is and what is the school seeing that theyre demanding all this?

amother
NeonOrange  

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 9:59 pm
Samuel D. Mandelman, Ph.D.
(646) 907-9480

https://g.co/kgs/VLeFzFK

amother
Pistachio  

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 10:01 pm
The school should be able to get it done through the board of Ed for free. Call tender touch to discuss.

If they refuse, you tell them they can either sponsor it elsewhere, or you're not doing it. You shouldn't have to pay for a service you're entitled to because the school wants to play shtick.

marineparkmom  

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 10:19 pm
I’m not sure the DOE does neuropsych
Hofstra university Saltzman community center does a neuropsych for cheap but there is a waitlist and students are doing the testing 516-463-6535.

amother
Snapdragon  

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 10:20 pm
Those prices are actually on the low end most charge upwards of 5k

amother
Strawberry  

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 10:28 pm
amother NeonOrange wrote:
Samuel D. Mandelman, Ph.D.
(646) 907-9480

https://g.co/kgs/VLeFzFK

Do you know how much he charges or charged in the past for this service?

amother
Hydrangea  

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 10:33 pm
Is the school in NYC? If so, you have a right to ask for an Independent Evaluation , and have a neuropsych who accepts doe conduct the eval. They can be reimbursed up to 3500 I believe.
Write a letter to your local cse office strongly requesting this. They can't deny you.

I work for the DOE. Shhhh. Most people don't know this

amother
  Pistachio

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 10:33 pm
marineparkmom wrote:
I’m not sure the DOE does neuropsych
Hofstra university Saltzman community center does a neuropsych for cheap but there is a waitlist and students are doing the testing 516-463-6535.

Probably depends on which doe.
op mentioned names of drs from nj

I know that my son's school uses tender touch and we were told they could do a neuropsych. They didn't because they used an old one that we had already, but it definitely sounded like an option.

amother
Snow

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 10:42 pm
Many universities have graduate student (but supervised) programs on a sliding scale or for much less money than private practice. There is a waitlist. Look up schools near you.

marineparkmom

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 10:45 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
Is the school in NYC? If so, you have a right to ask for an Independent Evaluation , and have a neuropsych who accepts doe conduct the eval. They can be reimbursed up to 3500 I believe.
Write a letter to your local cse office strongly requesting this. They can't deny you.

I work for the DOE. Shhhh. Most people don't know this

Do you have a list of which places accept the DOE reimbursment

amother
  NeonOrange

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 11:26 pm
amother Strawberry wrote:
Do you know how much he charges or charged in the past for this service?

Would say less then $500 but don't remember 💯

amother
  Strawberry  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 9:54 am
amother NeonOrange wrote:
Would say less then $500 but don't remember 💯

Thanks!

amother
  Snapdragon

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 9:58 am
Just to be clear, Dr Mandelman does not charge $500 for a neuropsych evaluation. He charges about $1000 to review testing you already have and give his opinion.

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 10:04 am
Why is the school asking for one ? We did one for one of my children to officially Diagnose a learning disability they also pick up things like adhd , Anxiety and outher stuff but you don’t need a whole neuropsych for just that . I paid a few years a go over 4000 so those prices are not bad. Also not sure where you are but being smart won’t Necessarily take away Services if you have outher things going on. There are lots of kids who are smart but struggle because of adhd or different reasons making it hard from them to learn in a classroom setting,

amother
Almond

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 11:29 am
Op, I did not see your location. I was very happy with Dr Zacharowitz in cedarhurst

mha3484  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 11:41 am
My oldest son who is going into 8th grade had a lot of challenges in his early years. The school basically forced us to do a neuropsych the summer before 1st grade. They thought he was on the spectrum and DH and I really really did not think so. I had a lot of hesitancy to do the testing but I found a good clinic that did a sliding scale program using graduate students and I figured what do I have to loose. They did a great job and I got to control what the school was given since I paid for it.

The report came back no ASD which was reassuring for us and yes ADHD and a verbal IQ of 133 when he was 6 and profoundly undermedicated. But I think his giftedness is what makes so many parts of his life more difficult and I needed the testing to understand that. So while I really thought it was dumb when we did it and was pretty mad at the school for forcing me I don't regret it in the long run.

amother
  Strawberry

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 11:51 am
mha3484 wrote:
My oldest son who is going into 8th grade had a lot of challenges in his early years. The school basically forced us to do a neuropsych the summer before 1st grade. They thought he was on the spectrum and DH and I really really did not think so. I had a lot of hesitancy to do the testing but I found a good clinic that did a sliding scale program using graduate students and I figured what do I have to loose. They did a great job and I got to control what the school was given since I paid for it.

The report came back no ASD which was reassuring for us and yes ADHD and a verbal IQ of 133 when he was 6 and profoundly undermedicated. But I think his giftedness is what makes so many parts of his life more difficult and I needed the testing to understand that. So while I really thought it was dumb when we did it and was pretty mad at the school for forcing me I don't regret it in the long run.

Would you please share the place you used?

mha3484

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 11:53 am
I dont live in NY or NJ but my point with the grad students is the same anywhere. You can use a university or any clinic that offers a cheaper price using students. They are well supervised and the reports are heavily written with the supervising psychologist.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics