Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Failed road test again

amother
OP  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 7:13 pm
I just failed my road test for the third time and feeling so depressed about it 😢. I drive pretty well but somehow by the test I do terribly. So afraid to take it and fail again…. Anyone have any advice??

amother
Oldlace

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 7:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
I just failed my road test for the third time and feeling so depressed about it 😢. I drive pretty well but somehow by the test I do terribly. So afraid to take it and fail again…. Anyone have any advice??

My husband passed on his fourth try lol
There a place I think it might be called rush road test, that you only pay if you pass

amother
Phlox

Post Sat, Jul 27 2024, 9:58 pm
I passed on my fourth try, at a test location everyone told me not to go to because it's urban, crowded, full of traffic and therefore very difficult. Flunked at the location everyone said to choose because it's quiet, suburban, no traffic and therefore easy. Go figure.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, Jul 27 2024, 9:59 pm
Are you getting nervous before or during? Maybe taking something to calm your nerves can help?
I failed twice before passing on my 3rd try at a new location.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 12:39 am
Thanks for your replies. Tried in two different locations. First two times failed because of nervousness but the last time I was so sure I was gonna pass!! Can’t bring myself to schedule another test cuz so afraid of failing again!

amother
Blueberry  

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 12:41 am
Schedule the test first thing in the morning when the instructors are more chirpy and more easygoing

amother
Ivory  

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 1:07 am
I passed on my 6th try, don’t give up.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 1:10 am
amother Blueberry wrote:
Schedule the test first thing in the morning when the instructors are more chirpy and more easygoing

Good idea but I took two of the tests at 9 am and failed

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 1:12 am
amother Ivory wrote:
I passed on my 6th try, don’t give up.

Wow you’re so brave for trying 6 times! Can I ask how much time it was from the first test till the last?

amother
  Blueberry

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 1:12 am
amother OP wrote:
Good idea but I took two of the tests at 9 am and failed

I was waiting for my turn so I decided to shmooze with the one who would be giving me my test. I got on her good side and she passed me. This lady is known for being really nasty and hard to pass with her

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 1:14 am
So I passed on my 4th test. I knew the route in my mind and practiced it in my head so that makes it easier.
I failed first time then was covid so needed to start again a few months later. The license person (that sits next to u) was a black lady and she yelled and was nasty so I automatically got scared and jerked the breaks and couldn’t focus. 3rd time I had another black lady but a nicer one and since I thought she’s the same one I was scared again and couldn’t do it right. On 4th try it was same black lady I had the week before I remembered her so I was calmer and I also knew the route so I made it by the lowest number u need to pass.
Just remember you’ll pass iyh maybe take another 2 lessons before ur next road test to give u more practice and confidence.
I forgot now how long and how hard I worked to pass. You reminded me with this post.
I’m wishing you lots of luck and don’t give up.

amother
  Ivory

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 1:26 am
amother OP wrote:
Wow you’re so brave for trying 6 times! Can I ask how much time it was from the first test till the last?

Around 5 months

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 2:03 am
I really struggled with learning to drive.
Took way more than average lessons.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 2:26 am
Is this in Brooklyn? If so, back in the day it was well-known it's just an automatic fail the first times. I had friends who went so many times and kept failing.

I have no clue if he's still around, but one friend who experienced this told me before I started to go to a driving school with someone Mr Zidele. I can't remember the name of the school though. He drove his students to Staten Island for the test. He was great, I took his classes, and I passed the first time in Staten Island.

You may be able to just try taking your test there instead anyway, I'm not sure. But Brooklyn has this reputation of automatically failing people the first time and sometimes many times.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries