Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Governors island or central park

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 7:40 am
If I'm spending a few hours in one which one is better?

amother
Lightpink  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 7:45 am
Really depends what you like to do.

Central Park has playgrounds, zoo, carousel, boating, and of course easy access to kosher food

Governors island is more remote, has hammocks, slides, climbing structure, amazing views and short boat ride.

(I live on Central Park west so the park is my backyard and governors island is more of a ‘trip’ ) I love both but they’re very different

syrima

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 7:50 am
Central Park is easy to get in and out of, has more shade and access to kosher food nearby. But also has some homeless people so stay aware.

Governors island is on the water and the ferry ride is lovely. No weirdos but less shade and almost nothing kosher. Also you have to stand a while on line to wait for the ferry which is hard for some kids.

amother
Leaf

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 8:53 am
amother Lightpink wrote:
Really depends what you like to do.

Central Park has playgrounds, zoo, carousel, boating, and of course easy access to kosher food

Governors island is more remote, has hammocks, slides, climbing structure, amazing views and short boat ride.

(I live on Central Park west so the park is my backyard and governors island is more of a ‘trip’ ) I love both but they’re very different

Hi Neighbor! 👋 I also live on CPW!

Love Central Park and enjoy Governors Island. Totally different. There's a ton of walking on Governors Island and you can rent bikes. I went with 2 friends about a month ago and we rented electric citibikes and took them to the Island on the ferry. (NOT sure if you can always get away with this- and the citibikes on the island on non electric as far as I can tell). We zipped around the Island and had a blast.

amother
  Lightpink

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 9:00 am
amother Leaf wrote:
Hi Neighbor! 👋 I also live on CPW!

Love Central Park and enjoy Governors Island. Totally different. There's a ton of walking on Governors Island and you can rent bikes. I went with 2 friends about a month ago and we rented electric citibikes and took them to the Island on the ferry. (NOT sure if you can always get away with this- and the citibikes on the island on non electric as far as I can tell). We zipped around the Island and had a blast.

hey neighbor!!! yes! the bike and surrey rentals are fun! and you get a degree of quiet that we don’t typically experience in the city that I get a kick.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries