Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Announcing Birth on Status
Previous  1  2

Do you post a birth announcement on your WhatsApp status?
Yes  
 70%  [ 133 ]
No  
 29%  [ 56 ]
Total Votes : 189

giftedmom

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 1:58 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
Yes, but only close family & close friends can see my status. Most people filter their status.

Yes this

pinkpeonies

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 2:07 pm
I do. There is no way I’m going to text 50 close family and friends right after I have a baby
And as for the rest of my friends and contacts, I’m happy to share with them as well.
It definitely was an avoda answering the hundreds and hundreds of Mazel tov texts afterwards though

yiddishmom  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 2:10 pm
I sure do. I don't filter out anyone.

What do I care if a former boss or coworker knows that I had a baby? If they wish to, they can ignore or respond "mazel tov". If they do respond, I'll respond back "Thank you". And zehu zehu.

Actually, I filter out one or two contacts that I'm not close with, are a few years older than me and still single. But these are contacts that would never find out later on.

asmileaday

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 2:16 pm
pinkpeonies wrote:
I do. There is no way I’m going to text 50 close family and friends right after I have a baby
And as for the rest of my friends and contacts, I’m happy to share with them as well.
It definitely was an avoda answering the hundreds and hundreds of Mazel tov texts afterwards though

I just react with a heart or a thank you sticker. Usually while I'm still in the hospital and can't do much else anyway.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 2:46 pm
No. I don't post anything on Status. Family gets a phone call; some things you inform people directly, not via a messaging app. My other WhatsApp groups are for school and I'm not about to make wholesale announcements about my private life to everyone in my classes. If there's someone in particular I wish to inform, I'll find another way to do so. Friends in general get either a phone call if they're very close or an email if they're less so.

amother
Chicory

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 2:50 pm
I guess I'm antisocial. Just immediate family gets notified and 2-4 friends

amother
Glitter

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 3:08 pm
I do it but usually a couple hours after birth not straight away.
I call parents, siblings go on the family group- from a big family over the globe so kind of hard to call all.
and then 2-4 hrs later I put up a status for friends, boss etc.

amother
Maple

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 4:24 pm
In the past I posted on my status and texted/called my close friends.

This time I posted on my status and only messaged or called ppl without WhatsApp.

I let all my contacts see it, who cares if they know I have a baby.
I probably post on my status five times a year

weasley

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 7:38 pm
I private message the people that I want to tell personally and then after that I put on my status for all my less close friends/ neighbors and acquaintances who I wouldn't message personally

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 9:14 pm
Im too much of a private person to announce something like that on a status.

shabbatiscoming  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 3:45 am
Not everyone looks at statuses. Just pointing that out, so if thats the only way you are announcing your news, some might just never find out.

yiddishmom

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 8:29 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Not everyone looks at statuses. Just pointing that out, so if thats the only way you are announcing your news, some might just never find out.

Correct. After a few hours, if I notice that a cousin or close friend hasn't responded, then I'll message directly.

Other random friends/ far off cousins, it's okay if they only find out 6 months later when we meet at a wedding.

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 8:34 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:

I don't know even know how to see a whatsapp status. 🙈

amother
Clear  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 8:40 am
I’m a young Bubby
I post on my status when BH a grandchild is born. I filter who sees it . It’s the quickest way to share good news BH. I’m too busy taking care of the new mom and the sibs of baby and buying things for the new baby , I can’t call /text everyone individually. I’ve gotten plenty of Mazel Tov responses that show me ppl are happy to hear good news. The nice thing about status is that it’s not intrusive , you only see it if you choose to click on it. My two cents. Bshaa tova, OP, may it all go well.

amother
Grape

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 8:56 am
How on earth can you filter who sees your status?

amother
  Clear  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 9:12 am
amother Grape wrote:
How on earth can you filter who sees your status?

Go to your Updates screen (where you see status). Click on the three dots on the top left , you will get to “status privacy “ , you can choose which contacts you want to have ability to see your status.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 9:18 am
amother Royalblue wrote:
I don't know even know how to see a whatsapp status. 🙈

My 16 year old showed me anout a year ago. Smile

amother
  Clear

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 9:39 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
My 16 year old showed me anout a year ago. Smile

lol I showed my younger sister (who is not a Bubby like I am , yet )
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media