Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
S/O Kidichic- child models
Previous  1  2

joonabug

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 1:05 pm
im in israel and I just looked at kidichics website and all the boys are in yarmulkes and the girls are dressed tznius, maybe its only in america?

Eastcoastmom  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 3:04 am
I'm the campaign manager for a popular frum kids clothing line. The sad truth is, that it's the consumers who are largely to blame for this. Experience has taught us that when clothing is portrayed as non-tznius, non-jewish, and on non Jewish models, it gives the brand a more 'legit' and higher end appeal. We've been there and done that and many other brands we are in touch with agree and see the same.as soon as our images look the same as that of non Jewish designer wear, it sells better. We're not a new line. We've been around enough years to have tried both ways.

PinkFridge  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 4:29 am
corolla wrote:
Ok, not sure where to put this.

S/O of the Kidichic pronunciation thread got me thinking.

Why do so many "higher end" frum children's clothing stores that advertise in magazines or on social media use child models that don't look Jewish? I'm not talking about skin color. I mean boys without a yarmulka or girls older than 4-5 in non tznius clothing?

It really bothers me. They are advertising in a frum publication with frum readers. Why not use models that look frum (even if they aren't)?

P.S. this has nothing to do with Kidichic in particular. Just a S/O because it's on the same topic.

And some of these kids, besides not looking like they belong in Willi or BP or wherever the stores are located, feature kids who have vacant looks on their faces that sadden me. Someone thought this was a good idea.
I wonder if AI will change things.

PinkFridge  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 4:31 am
zaq wrote:
So I'm not alone in finding these ads bizarrely inappropriate for the target audience? Thank you!

Yes. And not even inappropriate like not tznius or pahsnisht, but just off target.

PinkFridge  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 4:32 am
Eastcoastmom wrote:
I'm the campaign manager for a popular frum kids clothing line. The sad truth is, that it's the consumers who are largely to blame for this. Experience has taught us that when clothing is portrayed as non-tznius, non-jewish, and on non Jewish models, it gives the brand a more 'legit' and higher end appeal. We've been there and done that and many other brands we are in touch with agree and see the same.as soon as our images look the same as that of non Jewish designer wear, it sells better. We're not a new line. We've been around enough years to have tried both ways.

So what would they make of this thread?

Eastcoastmom  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 4:34 am
PinkFridge wrote:
So what would they make of this thread?

That the women commenting here do not represent the majority of their clientele?
I didn't ask
Just guessing

Ftr, I'm with you. What's the point of a frum brand otherwise. But my boss, as well as other brands, need to make money. And if this is the way they sell better, so be it.

PinkFridge  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 4:47 am
Eastcoastmom wrote:
That the women commenting here do not represent the majority of their clientele?
I didn't ask
Just guessing

Ftr, I'm with you. What's the point of a frum brand otherwise. But my boss, as well as other brands, need to make money. And if this is the way they sell better, so be it.

So your marketers/brand people/number crunchers are all in alignment on this?

Eastcoastmom

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 4:56 am
PinkFridge wrote:
So your marketers/brand people/number crunchers are all in alignment on this?

Most definitely. There's a reason they're all doing it.

To explain it from a different angle, take a website like Whoopikids, or Blubelle. They both sell frum brands such as Blumint, Pompomme, Kipp, Parni, etc alongside non Jewish brands like Kenzo, DKNY, Loud, Wynken, BC, etc
The frum brands have observed that the image they present, will influence how well they sell.

To prove my point, over 10 years ago when the company I work for rebranded and launched with a new name, and this style of imagery, almost nobody knew that it was a frum brand. People were buying the clothing in stores, thinking it's wonderful to have designer wear that is Jewish style. It took a long time for people to catch on that these are frum brands. And it's precisely because they weren't aware, that they were managing to sell well. Sad? Yes. True? Also yes.

ETA without giving away too much info, on our website it lists the length for every size dress on each listing.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 9:31 am
Eastcoastmom wrote:
Most definitely. There's a reason they're all doing it.

To explain it from a different angle, take a website like Whoopikids, or Blubelle. They both sell frum brands such as Blumint, Pompomme, Kipp, Parni, etc alongside non Jewish brands like Kenzo, DKNY, Loud, Wynken, BC, etc
The frum brands have observed that the image they present, will influence how well they sell.

To prove my point, over 10 years ago when the company I work for rebranded and launched with a new name, and this style of imagery, almost nobody knew that it was a frum brand. People were buying the clothing in stores, thinking it's wonderful to have designer wear that is Jewish style. It took a long time for people to catch on that these are frum brands. And it's precisely because they weren't aware, that they were managing to sell well. Sad? Yes. True? Also yes.

ETA without giving away too much info, on our website it lists the length for every size dress on each listing.

I think that if anyone here has ties to Penimi, they should be sending a link to this thread. There's something sad if that advertising sells more in our community and Penimi is excellently situated to address this.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics