Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
WIC approved Products
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 12:45 pm
15 minutes ago I went to a corner grocery in BP to get cereal for my kids. At check out, the cashier kept insisting that these cereals are not WIC approved and I argued that yes they were covered by WIC according to the app. So, I had to pay for cereal that should've been covered by WIC.
I just checked the app and they are approved.

amother
Daylily

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 12:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
15 minutes ago I went to a corner grocery in BP to get cereal for my kids. At check out, the cashier kept insisting that these cereals are not WIC approved and I argued that yes they were covered by WIC according to the app. So, I had to pay for cereal that should've been covered by WIC.

Is the Wic approved the same brand & size box as the one you took?
You can tell the store manager what happened & show him that it's WIC approved.

amother
Clear  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 1:20 pm
Do you still have benefits left?

amother
  Clear  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 1:21 pm
Maybe you do not have enough ounces left for that specific cereal?

amother
Oak  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 1:23 pm
Did you scan that specific box in the app? And you know you have enough oz left for that box?

It’s not something cashiers decide, the system automatically applies Wic payment to all items that are eligible under your specific plan

zehavag

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 1:29 pm
I’ve had that happen in Bingo before… item was approved on the app but wasn’t covered during checkout. I assumed it was an issue with the store’s system… very annoying tho

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 2:03 pm
This means that they do not have it set up approved in their system. Sometimes it's because it costs the store more than what WIC reimburses them for that particular size/brand.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 11:49 pm
It was the first time I used my card since it was refilled. I didn't want the benefits to go to waste.
I have 84oz left for cereal. I don't carry my smartphone in public. Which other grocery stores can I buy wic products without having a problem? This store did not let me take frozen vegetables or fruit, and they are also WIC approved.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 11:54 pm
amother OP wrote:
It was the first time I used my card since it was refilled. I didn't want the benefits to go to waste.
I have 84oz left for cereal. I don't carry my smartphone in public. Which other grocery stores can I buy wic products without having a problem? This store did not let me take frozen vegetables or fruit, and they are also WIC approved.

Location?

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 12:04 am
amother Lilac wrote:
Location?

Boro Park

amother
Dill

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 12:06 am
amother OP wrote:
Boro Park

Obviously

amother
Hyacinth

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 12:28 am
Not every store accepts WIC but if they accept it they shouldn't not allow you to use the benefits. You should double check it against the app when you are home and then if it is qualified you should complain to WIC. They cannot be charging you if it is WIC covered.

amother
Offwhite

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 12:28 am
amother Dill wrote:
Obviously

Exactly, she specified in her OP.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 7:44 am
Bumping up to hear which stores won't give me a problem with buying WIC products in BP. Thanks!

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 7:49 am
amother Dill wrote:
Obviously

Read the op before being nasty.

amother
Tiffanyblue  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 7:50 am
amother Dill wrote:
Obviously

Yes when one writes I went to a store in BP she is being very specific about where she is. Is that what you meant by obviously?

amother
  Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 7:51 am
amother OP wrote:
Bumping up to hear which stores won't give me a problem with buying WIC products in BP. Thanks!

Try bigger stores. And they should be reported this is not acceptable.

amother
Cadetblue  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 8:04 am
Sometimes a product is approved for specific size or flavor. So you know that a certain cereal is approved- but perhaps that size or flavor is not.
Example tropicana oj- some sizes and packaging are not approved. If you don’t have your phone on you, you can check the shelves- they should be labeled.

amother
  Cadetblue  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 8:05 am
amother OP wrote:

You swiped your card and it came up not approved?

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 8:46 am
amother OP wrote:

I shop consistently with wic in landau goldbergs and bingo (doesn't have many wic items) with no issues. Swipe wic card first at cash register if you have concerns over what was covered ask for receipt and look through before paying for rest of items
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics