Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 8:43 pm
Do you not need a pad with it?

hodeez

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 8:47 pm
It's supposed to withstand the flow without need of a pad

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 9:26 pm
What do you do during the day when wearing one? Keep pulling up after bathroom? No changing?
How does washing them work?
Separate? Machine? Hand?

amother
Obsidian

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 10:01 pm
During heavier flow, I use them as a backup for a tampon or lower flow pad, during the day or at night.
with a lighter flow, I use them exclusively.
If its more than a bit (like stains) then I hand wash to get the blood out, then machine wash.

amother
Lily

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 10:31 pm
I bought them for my teens. Best thing ever. They wear pads but in case they leak at night, it doesn't go through to their linen.

effess

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 10:34 pm
They’re advertised to use instead of pads.
But that’s gross.
They’re great for back up. Much less leakage.

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 10:34 pm
amother Lily wrote:
I bought them for my teens. Best thing ever. They wear pads but in case they leak at night, it doesn't go through to their linen.

That's how I use it, at night during the heaviest days.

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 10:36 pm
My DD loves wearing them the couple of days before she's expecting her period so she's "prepared"
And then she wears them at the end when she has a very light flow

amother
DarkRed  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 11:29 pm
effess wrote:
They’re advertised to use instead of pads.
But that’s gross.
They’re great for back up. Much less leakage.

I've been using them for a few years now instead of pads. They are so much more comfortable than pads. More absorbent, too. I can rarely tell if they've absorbed blood. If I was going to be out of the house for 12 hours I might use a backup or bring along a change. However, I rarely, if ever, feel the need to change them during the day. They don't feel wet. Generally they don't smell, but that would be my biggest concern regarding wearing them all day. I have never had them leak. I think a lot depends on getting a good brand, and it may also depend how heavy a flow you have, but that's my experience. It is so freeing not to have to worry about pads during my period. I wash them in the machine and hang to dry.

amother
Lawngreen  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 12:20 am
amother DarkRed wrote:
I've been using them for a few years now instead of pads. They are so much more comfortable than pads. More absorbent, too. I can rarely tell if they've absorbed blood. If I was going to be out of the house for 12 hours I might use a backup or bring along a change. However, I rarely, if ever, feel the need to change them during the day. They don't feel wet. Generally they don't smell, but that would be my biggest concern regarding wearing them all day. I have never had them leak. I think a lot depends on getting a good brand, and it may also depend how heavy a flow you have, but that's my experience. It is so freeing not to have to worry about pads during my period. I wash them in the machine and hang to dry.

Which brand do you use? After learning about the awful chemicals in feminine products I would love to give these a try.

amother
  DarkRed

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 12:46 am
amother Lawngreen wrote:
Which brand do you use? After learning about the awful chemicals in feminine products I would love to give these a try.

I use modibody. Widely available in Israel, I have no idea if they have them in the US. Be aware, though, that at least one brand (thinx iirc) has been called out for containing harmful chemicals. It's not something I know much about, I'm just saying it might not be so simple to assume that disposable products contain more harmful chemicals than non-disposable ones.

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 4:20 am
My daughter uses them together with a pad, for additional protection on heavy day.

amother
Zinnia

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 9:39 am
I bought them during pregnancy when I found out I was at risk of bleeding and wanted to feel prepared without wearing daily pads. Turns out it’s been super helpful not because of bleeding bh which never happened but to catch excessive discharge and sweat. I’m excited to use them postpartum iyh when the heaviest bleeding is over.

amother
  Lawngreen

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 1:49 pm
amother DarkRed wrote:
I use modibody. Widely available in Israel, I have no idea if they have them in the US. Be aware, though, that at least one brand (thinx iirc) has been called out for containing harmful chemicals. It's not something I know much about, I'm just saying it might not be so simple to assume that disposable products contain more harmful chemicals than non-disposable ones.

Does it make sense that theyre about $34 a piece? Is it worth it?
Also, says it has wool in it. Might be a shatnez problem, but kinda awkward to bring it to a lab... How did you get around that?

singleagain

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 2:01 pm
Yes they might be expensive but yes they are worth it

I like bambody on Amazon
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics