Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Wig falling toward back

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 9:06 pm
I have a new wig, it's not a lace top or front, but it's built like one (if that makes any sense). It doesn't have a comb in the front center. And if I can get away with it, I'd like to skip the wig grip band. I don't mind pulling it forward every so often. My question is, is there a way to do that without ruining or stretching the front. I know I'd never pull the front of my lace front wig.

amother
Heather

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 9:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
I have a new wig, it's not a lace top or front, but it's built like one (if that makes any sense). It doesn't have a comb in the front center. And if I can get away with it, I'd like to skip the wig grip band. I don't mind pulling it forward every so often. My question is, is there a way to do that without ruining or stretching the front. I know I'd never pull the front of my lace front wig.
It sounds like it's too small around? It wouldn't be slipping back unless it was too small or too heavy.

Either way you can have velvet put around the sides similar to where a lace front wig grip would be.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 9:20 pm
It has no comb and you don't want to wear a band...how do you expect it to stay on?

Eselle13

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 9:23 pm
My wig stays on much better when I spray hairspray on the front/top part of my hair

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 8:12 am
It’s set in a half pony and I believe that’s why it’s falling back. She charges $110 for a wash so I’m definitely not running to change that. It has side clips which I have been using. I could wear the band but then the wig does feel snug and in the past I noticed it can stretch wigs. And I would have preferred not to. But also in general I find wigs more comfortable without them. But as someone else said what do I expect. I guess for sure when half pony it will slide back slightly. So grip it is

sub

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 8:22 am
Buy combs for wigs from Amazon and so 1 or 2 in the front.

amother
Springgreen  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 8:48 am
Try the wig grip with just a thin string in the back. They’re lighter and more comfortable

amother
Tealblue

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 9:32 am
Sorry not the point but $110 for a wash and set?? LOL

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 7:06 pm
I sew a comb in front and even on both sides if necessary

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 9:19 am
I think the reason there is no comb in front is due to the delicate top, which is why I wouldn't add it.
Thank you, yes the grip with the stretchy piece in the back is way better than the all around.
And yes, $110 for a wash and set, in my personal opinion is INSANE.
(I didn't pay it, I bought the wig, which includes a cut and that wash and set, I don't know that I'd actually go there next time it needs a wash. )

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 9:25 am
amother Springgreen wrote:
Try the wig grip with just a thin string in the back. They’re lighter and more comfortable

Where do they sell this?

Moonlight

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 9:30 am
https://wig-guru.com/products/.....%A2-v

amother
Anemone

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 9:34 am
Are you sure she charges that much for a wash and set each time? It could have been $110 because it included the cut …

Also- you can go to the person who sold you the wig to ask for solutions… she should be able to sew in a comb for you

I have a lace front wig and it has comb

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 2:29 pm
Yes, that's how much she charges, I heard it from several people that use her.

I did not pay her anything other than the total cost of the wig, which included cut and wash and set. (how much she puts in there for that part, I don't know, I'm just answering that if someone walks in with a wig - even if they bought by her, and want it washed and set that's her price

amother
  Springgreen

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 3:22 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:
Where do they sell this?

https://shaniwigs.com/products/the-wig-grip

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 9:32 pm
Pinch the wig behind the ear.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels