Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
ROACHES!

amother
OP  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 8:11 am
So its not confirmed they are roaches, the Exterminator said to send pictures, but even though I havent really seen roaches before I have to face the music that I know it is.

Exterminator said I have to take EVERYTHING out of my kitchen and bathroom cabinets and then they willl spray and bait.

EVERYTHING.

where am I putting this stuff? Even pesach I dont take everything out at once.

My house is small. Where is this going?
Any other options?

HELPPPPPP

Please tell me your experience with getting rid of roaches and Exterminators.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 8:17 am
My boys are off of school and just want ti spray everything up, but willl that make the problem worse and just make them move somewhere else?

Right now it looks like they are living in my fridge.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 8:23 am
More likely under your fridge. They like warm, dark spaces, and don't do well with cold.

amother
Obsidian

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 11:48 am
Reading ur post gave me PTSD. This was one of the most challenging experiences in my life. I had roaches in my home due to a neighbor attached to my house. I had a newborn. Trauma!!!!!
What worked- tossing anything infested such as small appliances, any open food…
Emptying out everything and cleaning and vacuuming
Bagging anything else for a few days

Ultimately…we moved!

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 12:01 pm
Have the entire house painted.

Then, put all food in snap tight re-usable boxes.

Then, put a barrier at the bottom of your outside doors, a strip. That keeps them from walking in from outside.

They can be in appliances, under them, and in electrical sockets. Tape around the edges of electrical sockets, so they stay in the walls and don't come into the room.

They can be behind curtains.

if you see one, let it alone and note where it is going. Its path. That will show you where the others are.

If you bake, be very attentive about the tiniest spills of flour or sesame seed bread toppings. Measure flour slowly so none spills.

Water, such as dripping faucets, brings them. Water, water. Don't have any water available to them.

Have no newspapers on the floor or really anywhere sitting a long time. Or magazines. They like that kind of paper.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 12:29 pm
Elfrida wrote:
More likely under your fridge. They like warm, dark spaces, and don't do well with cold.

Meant to say in the motor part in my fridge. Saw so many there.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 12:31 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
Have the entire house painted.

Then, put all food in snap tight re-usable boxes.

Then, put a barrier at the bottom of your outside doors, a strip. That keeps them from walking in from outside.

They can be in appliances, under them, and in electrical sockets. Tape around the edges of electrical sockets, so they stay in the walls and don't come into the room.

They can be behind curtains.

if you see one, let it alone and note where it is going. Its path. That will show you where the others are.

If you bake, be very attentive about the tiniest spills of flour or sesame seed bread toppings. Measure flour slowly so none spills.

Water, such as dripping faucets, brings them. Water, water. Don't have any water available to them.

Have no newspapers on the floor or really anywhere sitting a long time. Or magazines. They like that kind of paper.

Oh boy.

And im complaining about needing to empty my cabinets.

And yup, theres water dripping in the back motor part of my fridge. A repair guy put a pan underneath ot years ago and I replace every so often

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 12:35 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
Reading ur post gave me PTSD. This was one of the most challenging experiences in my life. I had roaches in my home due to a neighbor attached to my house. I had a newborn. Trauma!!!!!
What worked- tossing anything infested such as small appliances, any open food…
Emptying out everything and cleaning and vacuuming
Bagging anything else for a few days

Ultimately…we moved!

Oh my.

I have not seen in any food.

How do you know if an appliance is jnfested?

AlwaysCleaning

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 12:36 pm
Seal every single open package of food. Clean up right after cooking. Constantly sweep, wash dishes and take out the garbage. Minimize clutter. Put all your stuff in boxes for the day the exterminator comes. You definitely want him spraying as much as possible

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 1:36 pm
We had a roach clean out done and yes it’s so hard! We loaded everything onto my dining room table (and floor!) and covered it with a plastic tablecloth.

Had to be out of the house for a few hours while it was done

Don’t just spray combat or whatever, that just pushes them away. You need the exterminator to put out the bait and do a clean out. Make sure part of the contract with him is that he follows up after a specified time.

Now might be a good time to get an exterminator on retainer basis. I have one to recommend if you’re in Lakewood. One time fee for the initial treatment and then monthly a small fee (like $45 or so).

amother
Amaranthus

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 1:40 pm
Put out TERRO roach baits.
They will die
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry