Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Atlantic City or Long Branch?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 10:56 am
I'm planning a solo vacation for myself for later in the summer, and would like to spend a night at a hotel near the ocean. I was thinking of Atlantic City or Long Branch, NJ.
I would prefer Atlantic City, as hotels are way cheaper there. I'll be able to stay in a hotel with beach access, which is what I'm most interested in. Long Branch hotels with beach access are definitely not in my budget; if I stay there I'll need to settle for a Holiday Inn a few miles away from the beach.
The thing is, I've been talking to people and they mentioned that Atlantic City isn't that safe; it attracts a lower-class crowd, there are no frum people there, etc. They say that Long Branch is the safer choice, even if it means compromising on hotel quality.
Is there anyone who's been there who can comment?

amother
Viola

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 11:09 am
I’ve only gone to Atlantic City and stayed at the Borgata. Did not go to the beach. Amazing Spa. So was in and out
The boardwalk there is really low class

Longbranch is really nice
Attracts a better crowd
I never stayed there bec I live not far

Definitely if going alone would choose Long Branch

FYI I did a solo trip in the winter and stayed at the Altair in Florida for 2 nights was amazing
They have a shuttle that takes you to a private beach and met a bunch of frum ladies there
Kosher breakfast
I did uber eats for lunch
And Dinner in their restaurant
I didn’t feel alone

amother
Arcticblue

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 11:10 am
I went to Atlantic City with my husband last summer. We stayed at the Borgata. It was a real let down compared to other vacations. The Borgata is not on the beach and had no view. It had an okay pool area. The crowd was weird in my opinion - lots of people sitting on their walkers wearing oxygen and smoking. Like that. I’m not faulting them for being old or sick or even for smoking, but it’s not how I thought the hotel would be. We had a nice time walking on a family friendly boardwalk about a half hour away in a place called Ocean City. The kosher pizza store in AC was tasty and the employees were friendly. We didn’t go to the fleishig place. I have heard that at night it’s dangerous around the strip in AC.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics