Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Books, toys, activities for young preschooler in leg cast
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 3:00 pm
I need some excellent books for a preschooler who unexpectedly is stuck at home in a full leg cast.
A lot of our favorite books are recommendations from a previous speech therapist that we had. Here are some favorites, please add to the list!

1. No more elephants
2. Katy no pockets
3. A fish out of water
4. Ten apples up on top

These books are engaging and we're reading them on repeat, I need more!

(We're doing a lot of coloring, cutting, magna tiles, and playdough. Very open to suggestions/links for toys to make the hours pass.)

Edited to ask for more toys and activities. Only day 2 and we ran through way too much. She's just so tired of sitting!

amother
Poinsettia  

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 3:04 pm
some great ideas here
https://betweencarpools.com/books-at-bedtime/

srbmom

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 3:07 pm
Quote:
some great ideas here
https://betweencarpools.com/books-at-bedtime/

That's creepy, I literally just went to copy and paste this same link.
We have read almost every single book on this list, and my kids love them.

cube  

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 3:10 pm
melissa and doug makes reusable water paint books that my kids enjoy - water wow
they sell it on amazon but you can find it for cheaper at amazing savings/ marshall's

OddoneOut1

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 3:10 pm
Books that come to mind from AMAZING authors:

Robert Munsch
Kevin Henkes

I would get anything from either of these authors

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 3:15 pm
all the elephant and piggie books

cube

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 3:18 pm
another good book is good night good night construction site (if your child likes trucks)
are you also looking for jewish authored books? - I can tell you all my favorites
I would also recommend books with recordings that the child can follow along themself
and search and find/ I spy / preschool activity workbooks (numbers/ shapes/ etc)

amother
  Poinsettia  

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 3:35 pm
Color Wonder is the best invention

amother
  Poinsettia  

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 3:42 pm
this is a great toy
https://www.amazon.com/PLUS-Bi.....ss_tl

amother
Heather  

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 3:44 pm
https://www.amazon.com/Sesame-.....ss_tl

The press here series is so fun and interactive https://www.amazon.com/Press-H.....ss_tl

amother
  Poinsettia

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 3:47 pm
This one has my kids rolling
https://www.amazon.com/Book-No.....ss_tl

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 4:15 pm
'press here' books are very engaging and fun (there are a few versions of it)
I love 'the bubble gum brain' its cute and funny
you can get boogie boards, magna doodles, white boards/expo markers- keeps kids busy for a while!
good luck

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 4:30 pm
Thanks so much for all the suggestions! I bought 10 books based off suggestions and the between carpools list. A white board is a great idea, ordered one too. Still open to more suggestions!! Thanks especially for taking the time to link!

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 4:56 pm
recently bought some activities from Temu- all under 5 dollars and free shipping

"Vibrant" 12-Piece 5D Diy Diamond Painting Stickers Kit - Cartoon Animal Mosaic Art & Craft Set, Acrylic Rhinestone Embellishments For Creative Projects

1pc Magic Watercolor Coloring Book Book And Pen Together Random Pen Color A Magic Book That You Can Paint With Water Interesting And Creative Book

Water Sticky Beads Water Fuse Beads Set 4.5mm Beads DIY Kit With Storage Box And Tools, Creative Refill Set Magic Water Sticky Beads Kit DIY Art Crafts For Beginners

Creative Ice Cream Stick Puzzle Toy For Kids Ages 3-6 - Educational & Fun Character Building Game Ice Cream Toy Set Interactive Toys For Kids

8.5inch/21.6cm LCD Writing Drawing Tablet, Educational Birthday Gift, x-mas And Halloween Gift

1pc Halloween x-mas Thanksgiving Decor Stickers Book Crafts, Stickers Paint Books For Birthday Party Favor Gift, Road Plane Travel Toy Activity Books

150pcs Charm Bracelet Making Kit Including Beads Chains, DIY Craft For Girls, x-mas Birthday Gift Set-Style Random

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 4:57 pm
lemme know if you want more...

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 7:11 pm
1346 wrote:
lemme know if you want more...

Hi! A lot of your purchases look really interesting, I'm just having a hard time finding the items on temu. I'm trying to put in your key words but it's giving me all kinds of search results.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 7:12 pm
Definitely open to more ideas. It's only day 2 and me and preschooler and toddler who's not also by default stuck at home with no water activities are at our wits end...

I usually have my set toys (huge box of magna tiles, huge box of clics, mega blocks, doll/kitchen set, lots of books and that's it) and don't buy "chochkas" ie, smaller sets of toys because I find they don't keep interest and not all the kids can play at once. At this point I feel like I need to get much more variety.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 10:23 pm
Bumping and changing subject for more replies...

sweet

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 10:32 pm
Oy thats hard.
When my son was 9, 2 yrs ago) he was home in a cast, so I remember how hard that was.. he did a lot of watching though..

My 4 yr old favorites now are all the yael and dovi books with the cd, he has almost all, and listens to them all day.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics