Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
ADHD + Osteoarthritis, need exercise help!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 8:04 pm
I have inattentive ADHD and have a hard time starting things and sticking to them. I must exercise, I actually like exercising once I do it but I'm just not doing it. For years I used the app 7 min workout and it was perfect for me. It's a HIIT workout, took less than 15 min and I did it each morning when I walked in after carpool.
Fast forward to this year, I got diagnosed with early onset OA and exercise is essential. I must move and strengthen my muscles to manage the pain. Unfortunately it also means that most forms of exercise I can no longer do, including most of the exercises on the 7 min workout. I am not allowed to any high impact exercises, no jumping, no floor exercises on my hands and knees etc.
Any ideas of how to incorporate exercise into my daily life?
Also what form of exercise? Walking in this heat is not an option.
There are no pilates or low impact exercise classes in my area, I already researched.
No access to a pool.
I also need to figure out when to do it. I would love to exercise in the morning but my kids wake up when they hear me. At night I'm just so tired, I crash out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise