Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Ateres attrition

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 8:10 am
We've heard that Ateres sem in Yerushalayim went from 45 girls at the start of the year down to 19 by the end. Was that all due to the war? My daughter is getting nervous at the thought of going there. I don't know how to ask or how you can answer without getting into lashon hara, but if anyone can share (PM me) their experiences/opinions of it, we'd appreciate it.

(Do I have to post my username in order to be PMed?)

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 9:02 am
amother OP wrote:

(Do I have to post my username in order to be PMed?)

Yes

amother
Canary  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 9:36 am
Hi OP I'm not involved with Ateres, but isn't it obvious it's because of the war? Unless you've heard about other issues. Didn't lots of girls go home from other seminaries too? Did more leave from Ateres than the others?

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 10:12 am
That was our first thought but she is nervous for other reasons. We haven't heard that other seminaries lost the same proportion of students.

amother
  Canary

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 10:35 am
amother OP wrote:
That was our first thought but she is nervous for other reasons. We haven't heard that other seminaries lost the same proportion of students.

What explanation, if any, does Ateres give for why so many girls left? I think it's a reasonable question to ask them.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 10:40 am
I know someone who was there this year and it was not only because of the war. There were issues with the program itself and the hanhala not being so involved with the girls/the program

amother
Lilac  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 10:46 am
I know someone who left. It was a disaster. She tired so hard to stick it out but it was just a massive fail. They didn’t leave because of the war. I would not send there.

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 1:24 pm
No, the girls didn't leave because of the war (maybe one did). Many of those who left Ateres transferred to other seminaries.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 4:11 am
I heard Ateres isn't opening this year at the end? Can someone confirm? Can the girls who registered get in elsewhere?

amother
Maroon  

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 4:42 am
I can confirm it isn’t opening. Not sure what the girls will do as the seminary really filled a niche. My guess is some will go to other places in Israel and some will go to other places in chul.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 5:00 am
amother Tanzanite wrote:
I know someone who was there this year and it was not only because of the war. There were issues with the program itself and the hanhala not being so involved with the girls/the program

Disclaimer: I know nothing about Ateres. However, being DLKZ, the war has knock-on effects that some of us are blissfully unaware of but that could have hit the hanhala hard : husbands or sons in the army, having to suddenly care for children and grandchildren without the father around etc etc etc, and so many other unplanned stresses.

Just sayin'.

amother
  Lilac

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 5:01 am
amother Lime wrote:
Disclaimer: I know nothing about Ateres. However, being DLKZ, the war has knock-on effects that some of us are blissfully unaware of but that could have hit the hanhala hard : husbands or sons in the army, having to suddenly care for children and grandchildren without the father around etc etc etc, and so many other unplanned stresses.

Just sayin'.

But this wasn’t the issue.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 5:13 am
I know a girl who went there and was sent home, not because of the war. This year was a disaster year for them.

amother
  Maroon

Post Tue, Aug 20 2024, 5:51 am
I feel bad for the school, the girls who were accepted and now have too scramble, the people who thought they had jobs and now don’t, it’s horrible all around.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info