Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Ring Battery Doorbell Plus review

blueberrypie  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 7:39 am
The Ring Battery Doorbell Plus is on sale from $150 to $100 already for Prime Day-can anyone who has it please share your feedback? Do you need a subscription? Any shabbos issues? Is there a way to see who is at the door aside from looking at your phone? Did you install it yourself or does it need a professional?

blueberrypie  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 7:33 am
Bump

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 7:51 am
blueberrypie wrote:
The Ring Battery Doorbell Plus is on sale from $150 to $100 already for Prime Day-can anyone who has it please share your feedback? Do you need a subscription? Any shabbos issues? Is there a way to see who is at the door aside from looking at your phone? Did you install it yourself or does it need a professional?

A close family member has it. They put foil over it on shabbos. Can't answer anything else.

GrowingUp

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 8:10 am
We have a Ring doorbell camera.
You need a subscription if you want it to automatically record and save footage. Without a subscription you can just see when someone is ringing it and answer in real time.
We asked out LOR about shabbos. He says it’s not an issue at all. As long as we don’t purposely record ourselves for posterity.
The app is on our phones, I don’t know if there is any other way.
My husband installed it himself (hardwired), but he is very handy. I don’t know if it’s a simple install or not.

We have it for 5+ years already and love it!

essie14  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 11:02 am
We have it hardwired. We started with the battery powered but it was a huge pain in the neck to change so we had an electrician hard wire it.
No issue with Shabbat, same psak as above.
Yes, we have a subscription because otherwise it's pretty useless. We have additional cameras all over the perimeter of our house and pointed at our garage because we already had a car which was stolen before we got the cameras so I want to be able to have footage of anyone who comes near any part of my property.
Love the app on my phone. Can talk to someone at the front door when I'm not home the through the app.
We also have the Chime so that my kids can hear the doorbell when they're home.
We've had it for about 2+ years.

blueberrypie  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 12:10 pm
Thank you for all of the feedback! We really just want it so we can see who's at the door,so I don't think we'd need a subscription- I don't understand what Chime adds to this? Also, I wonder if you set an old phone open to this app & hang it up somewhere if you can look at it to see whose knocking on the door on Shabbos?

essie14  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 12:28 pm
blueberrypie wrote:
Thank you for all of the feedback! We really just want it so we can see who's at the door,so I don't think we'd need a subscription- I don't understand what Chime adds to this? Also, I wonder if you set an old phone open to this app & hang it up somewhere if you can look at it to see whose knocking on the door on Shabbos?

The Chime plays the notification inside the house like an old fashioned doorbell. Otherwise you'll only hear it on your phone.

blueberrypie  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 3:20 pm
essie14 wrote:
The Chime plays the notification inside the house like an old fashioned doorbell. Otherwise you'll only hear it on your phone.

Oh I was thinking the person would ring the doorbell & we would see who it was through the app, but I guess (obviously!)if the ring doorbell is there, they won't ring the regular doorbell, so how does chime work? & I guess the alternative is to tie the ring doorbell in with the wiring of the regular doorbell?

shyner

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 4:31 pm
I recently got one, we don't use the subscription, I use it to be able to see who is at the door and communicate with them, it especially convenient because we get a lot of deliveries when I'm at work so I can tell them where to leave it...
We live on the first floor apartment and have to go downstairs to open the building if someone rings so it's convenient to be able to tell people to wait for me to come.
I think you can use it with the echo show to be able to see the camera footage...

essie14

Post Fri, Jul 12 2024, 12:44 am
blueberrypie wrote:
Oh I was thinking the person would ring the doorbell & we would see who it was through the app, but I guess (obviously!)if the ring doorbell is there, they won't ring the regular doorbell, so how does chime work? & I guess the alternative is to tie the ring doorbell in with the wiring of the regular doorbell?

https://ring.com/products/chime-pro-gen2

blueberrypie  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 8:06 am
Does anyone have a dedicated screen on their wall that shows what the camera sees (as opposed to just using their phone apps)? Because I'd like my kids to be able to see who is at the front door & also for Shabbos. If the only answer is the echo show, is there a way of making it constantly show the camera feed? Not having to turn it on when someone rings the bell? Also, is there a way to disable everything but the ring app? I don't want my kids using it another screen! Really, preferably, some other type of small screen that can be dedicated to just showing the camera feed would be best! Can anyone please help?

eduardo

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 8:19 am
blueberrypie wrote:
Does anyone have a dedicated screen on their wall that shows what the camera sees (as opposed to just using their phone apps)? Because I'd like my kids to be able to see who is at the front door & also for Shabbos. If the only answer is the echo show, is there a way of making it constantly show the camera feed? Not having to turn it on when someone rings the bell? Also, is there a way to disable everything but the ring app? I don't want my kids using it another screen! Really, preferably, some other type of small screen that can be dedicated to just showing the camera feed would be best! Can anyone please help?

The echo will automatically turn on to the camera feed when someone rings the camera, though I unplug mine for shabbos since it has too many ways to cause issues

Also OP- the battery operated version is a nightmare. It needs to be recharged like every other day

blueberrypie

Post Mon, Aug 26 2024, 9:23 pm
So we got the ring doorbell wired, and it's great-but the echo show is too bulky-any other suggestions for a different device (something flatter) to use as a "monitor" to see whose at the door? Also, I have no clue as to how to block everything but ring camera on the show I really don't want a device with a bunch of stuff on it sitting out on the counter, are there any directions anywhere to show how to do that?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars