Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Korns Bakery Sourdough

cherrylover  

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 10:23 am
I love their sourdough challah. How do I get to the texture of their challah. I like that its very moist and so lightweight. I have seen people make sourdough and its so heavy almost like real bread. Whats the trick?

EPL

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 10:57 am
I can't say for sure about Korn's sour dough challah, but I know for a fact that some sour dough breads are not the "real thing". I purchased a sour dough in a local bakery but found that it was very light and airy, and I questioned the baker the next time I was there. She said "they had their own method of making sour dough". I believe they add something sour to their regular dough, but it isn't authentic sour dough.

shanie5

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 6:20 pm
EPL wrote:
I can't say for sure about Korn's sour dough challah, but I know for a fact that some sour dough breads are not the "real thing". I purchased a sour dough in a local bakery but found that it was very light and airy, and I questioned the baker the next time I was there. She said "they had their own method of making sour dough". I believe they add something sour to their regular dough, but it isn't authentic sour dough.

True. There is something called "sourdough flavor" that many bakeries use instead of making real sourdough. It's hard to believe ANY bakery has the time and patience needed for real sourdough.

cherrylover

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 8:13 pm
Okay. So how can I achieve the moisture light texture?

Cheiny

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 9:22 pm
EPL wrote:

I heard that too… one man who sells soft sourdough told me they put something in to make it softer, but I’ve heard more often that very few of the places that sell sourdough are selling real sourdough. Bummer. And quite expensive to not be getting the real thing.

mom2dkay

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 9:28 pm
How can we know if a sourdough is authentic ? How can they call it sourdough if it isn’t?

sunshine23  

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 9:28 pm
They put vinegar to make it sour and they put yeast to make it fluffy. Not real sourdough at all

Malkqueen

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 10:01 pm
mom2dkay wrote:
How can we know if a sourdough is authentic ? How can they call it sourdough if it isn’t?

If you eat real sourdough and then you eat the fake sourdough you can definitely taste the difference.

In BP I love Schreibers sourdough; I know the person who makes it and it is definitely real sourdough.

sunshine23

Post Fri, Jul 19 2024, 6:50 am
Yossis also makes a real multi grain sourdough. U can check ingredients too. It would only have flour water salt if real
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads