Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Gan

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 6:22 pm
How much is gan in Israel ? Of course every place is different but what is a round about expense for gan?

Also how has the job market been since the war? Especially since we are considering Aliyah we would have to learn Hebrew. But especially for English speaking jobs ?

LovesHashem  

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 10:02 pm
The job market really depends on what feild. I hear people saying it's really bad but I do see a lot of people getting hired....

amother
Oldlace  

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 11:38 pm
Gan is free from age 3. You only pay kupat gan, which is about 600 shekels for the whole year.

Gan under age 3 runs about 600 shekel a month.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 11:44 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
Gan is free from age 3. You only pay kupat gan, which is about 600 shekels for the whole year.

Private, English speaking ganim cost more.

amother
Hotpink  

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 11:48 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:

Really depends on the area and age of child and if you send to a full day or not.

In my area for half day private gan
4 months is 1000
10-1 yr months is 850
2 yr olds are between 600-700

Full day if you can't get them in official maons are between 1200-2000

papaya613

Post Fri, Jul 19 2024, 12:23 am
iriyah maon (0-3yrs) full day (7-4) in yerushalayim is around 3000 (depends on age)

I know someone who sends to a full day (7-4) private (hebrew speaking) in RBS and it is 2000

ray family

Post Fri, Jul 19 2024, 12:27 am
My friends pay closer to 1000 a month for private gan under age 3

juggling  

Post Fri, Jul 19 2024, 12:28 am
amother Oldlace wrote:

Free from age 3 is only until 2 pm iiuc. From 2-4 there is tzaharon through the city. Depending on the city it can be almost free (like Beit Shemesh, which is considered a poor city), or quite a bit more (in a "wealthy" city like modiin).

LovesHashem  

Post Fri, Jul 19 2024, 1:16 am
amother Oldlace wrote:

Where do you live? I'm moving in lol.

Till 1pm where I live its 750-950 and later hours can go up to 1500 a child. Never heard of anything less than 750

amother
  Oldlace  

Post Fri, Jul 19 2024, 1:18 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Where do you live? I'm moving in lol.

Till 1pm where I live its 750-950 and later hours can go up to 1500 a child. Never heard of anything less than 750

Not in the Yerushalayim or anywhere near the center of the country. It's very unusual here to send to tzaharon so I wrote the cost of half day without thinking about it.

amother
  Hotpink

Post Fri, Jul 19 2024, 2:02 am
amother Oldlace wrote:
Not in the Yerushalayim or anywhere near the center of the country. It's very unusual here to send to tzaharon so I wrote the cost of half day without thinking about it.

Um, I live in Yerushalaim.
Over half of the area I live would send full day, generally speaking those not sending full day are teachers or the fathers are fetching in the lunch break.
Each area is very different.

amother
Heather

Post Fri, Jul 19 2024, 2:24 am
amother Oldlace wrote:

That’s till 1pm from 1-4 there’s tzaharon and it costs too. Usually 500 but by us they charge 1000(per year)

amother
  Oldlace  

Post Fri, Jul 19 2024, 2:43 am
amother Hotpink wrote:
Um, I live in Yerushalaim.
Over half of the area I live would send full day, generally speaking those not sending full day are teachers or the fathers are fetching in the lunch break.
Each area is very different.

I was responding to her question about where I live. I don't live in Jerusalem.

juggling

Post Fri, Jul 19 2024, 3:35 am
amother Oldlace wrote:
I was responding to her question about where I live. I don't live in Jerusalem.

Oooh I misread what you wrote, too. I thought you were saying in Jerusalem and near the center of the country people don't generally send to tzaharon.

You were saying "I don't live in Jerusalem or near the center. Where I live people don't generally send to tzaharon."

Genuine question, do people where you live not work full-time? It's not easy to find a job that finishes by 1 pm.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jul 19 2024, 3:38 am
In my neighborhood in yerushalayim, half day private gan is around 1000. Babies (under 1.5) are more, up to 12/1300.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Jul 19 2024, 3:45 am
amother Oldlace wrote:

How many babies do these people take??? If they are taking 8 that's 4800 which is doable for like 18 months but not for 6 month old babies.

Do most women stay home with smaller babies where you live?

amother
  Oldlace  

Post Fri, Jul 19 2024, 4:13 am
juggling wrote:
Oooh I misread what you wrote, too. I thought you were saying in Jerusalem and near the center of the country people don't generally send to tzaharon.

You were saying "I don't live in Jerusalem or near the center. Where I live people don't generally send to tzaharon."

Genuine question, do people where you live not work full-time? It's not easy to find a job that finishes by 1 pm.

I live in a kiruv kollel community. Most of the women teach in the kiruv school and finish between 1:30 and 3:15. The men finish kollel at 1:15 and pick up the kids, and the mothers are home by the time they have to go back to kollel.

amother
  Oldlace

Post Fri, Jul 19 2024, 4:15 am
LovesHashem wrote:
How many babies do these people take??? If they are taking 8 that's 4800 which is doable for like 18 months but not for 6 month old babies.

Do most women stay home with smaller babies where you live?

I was referring to toddler ganim, not metaplot for babies. I don't know how much metaplot charge these days since I don't have babies anymore. The toddler groups are generally up to 8-10 kids. Some have an assistant and then they have bigger groups.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Jul 19 2024, 4:32 am
For my baby, I paid 1700 nis for full time. 7:30 am to 5:00 pm and Friday until 12:00.

For my 3-5, I paid a yearly fee of 550 nis and then 75 nis a month for afternoon care.

For elementary and middle school, 200 nis a month with hot meals.

I haven’t done high school yet here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions