Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
If you don't sleep train, what do you do?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
  Heather  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 1:18 pm
amother Birch wrote:
It’s still cruel to allow babies to cry at 4 months for food in middle of the night. Babies nurse for hunger , thirst and comfort. Even proponents of CIO say to wait until a baby is older then 4 months. Although CIO shouldn’t be done at any age.

This is not CIO especially you are in the room for the first three -6 night.

amother
  Birch  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 1:24 pm
amother Heather wrote:
This is not CIO especially you are in the room for the first three -6 night.

4 months is so young if you’re stopping feeds in middle of the night. They are an infant still. Practice optimal sleep hygiene starting from the newborn stage is great but still nurse baby when they wake up. Keep them in a dark room when it’s night and have minimal interactions but nurse them when they are hungry. They will learn it’s night and hopefully have longer stretches as they get older.

amother
  Heather  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 1:40 pm
amother Birch wrote:
4 months is so young if you’re stopping feeds in middle of the night. They are an infant still. Practice optimal sleep hygiene starting from the newborn stage is great but still nurse baby when they wake up. Keep them in a dark room when it’s night and have minimal interactions but nurse them when they are hungry. They will learn it’s night and hopefully have longer stretches as they get older.

First of all, I was not able to Nurse . I had no milk at all and second of all they’re basically two already.

amother
  Heather  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 1:41 pm
amother Birch wrote:

Also, it was my luck that I had a terrible terrible aides and there was no better ones available.

amother
  Birch  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 1:47 pm
amother Heather wrote:
First of all, I was not able to Nurse . I had no milk at all and second of all they’re basically two already.

Only nachas!

amother
  Birch

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 1:47 pm
amother Heather wrote:
Also, it was my luck that I had a terrible terrible aides and there was no better ones available.

That’s difficult, only nachas from your now toddler!

amother
  Heather

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 1:51 pm
amother Birch wrote:
Only nachas!

Amen! Ty!

amother
Glitter

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 8:39 pm
This thread is ridiculous. Have we learnt nothing about women's mental health? Stop guilting and shaming mothers who know it's not ideal but had to CIO with their kids for everyone's safety and happiness. What negative effects happen from sleep training at night can be helped by having a functioning mother in the daytime.

Amother birch, are you the mil who wanted to ask the other side if the girl planned on sleep training?

amother
  Hawthorn

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 8:39 pm
I suffer. Right now as we speak.
Wish I had a better way.
I’m not disciplined enough.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics