Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Tiferes Chaya and bais rochel

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 12:43 am
I will probably get into both of these schools.I have connections to both. I wanted to know the difference? Which has better parents? Which has better education? Which less fancy?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 12:57 pm
What does better parents mean?

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 1:04 pm
Sorry should have been more clear. Everone is better and good in their own way. I meant which is frummer

amother
Vanilla  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 1:10 pm
Probably doesn’t always equal definitely.

I would suggest you wait to see where you get in.

There is a balebatish percentage in both. They both have beautiful parent body.
Tiferes Chaya’s younger parent body has more of a chassidish element than the older grades.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 1:46 pm
Tiferes Chaya more chassidish than bais rochel or just more chassidish now than they used to be?

amother
  Vanilla  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 2:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
Tiferes Chaya more chassidish than bais rochel or just more chassidish now than they used to be?

More than it used to be.

I favor the staff at Tiferes Chaya over Bais Rochel, but that is 100 percent a personal opinion

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 3:04 pm
Thanks so much for being so helpful! And education level you would say more or less the same?

amother
  Vanilla

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 4:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks so much for being so helpful! And education level you would say more or less the same?

I grew up in Boro Park, went to a regent’s accredited school.( like most schools are)..
Tbh none of the chassidish/ heimish schools I’m familiar with here measure up to education level I received.

They’re all more or less the same with each school focusing on different nuances.
I would say you need to know what is of most importance ( nice hanhalah, education, friends, transportation ( which is huge in this town), teachers, etc etc) and you go from there.

You have to ask someone that knows you and your needs and whose opinion you trust..

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 4:22 pm
amother OP wrote:

From what I understood, Bais Rochel might have a little better education level, and be more professional. Tiferes Chaya is known for being very warm ,and having amazing staff. Both have a balbatish element, but have an overall great parent body. I think there is a lot of overlap, where people apply to both and send where they get in...

weinberg35  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 5:00 pm
Bais Rochel education everyone knows is actually on a very low level ..wats professional about it?

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 11:11 pm
Chassidish wise are they the same? Also, I keep hearing that tiferes chaya is warm and loving but does that take away from the eductaion element? They sound ultra warm etc....but we want our kids to get a good edcuation as well...

weinberg35

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 12:05 am
Tiferes Chaya has a good education probably even better then Bais rochel

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 12:36 am
@weinberg35 Thanks for that info! Really helpful!

amother
Apple

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 12:11 pm
I think their education is both equal. They both run very well. Bais Rochel has a larger amount of very experienced, skilled teachers. The same parent body type you could find in both schools. I know of families that are very similar to each other, They ended up in one in each school. based on their pull in either one, circle of friends. Tiferes chaya is a smaller school. Less classes per grade. I don't see it as good or bad. Basically Rochel has Bais Leah high school. If your daughter is entering kindergarten that shouldn't matter .

Op even if you have pulling both schools their is enough competition that your acceptance to either one is more in the schools hand then in your own. Both great options. Go where you are wanted. Hatzlacha!

*bags Rochelle probably has more resources than tiferes chaya. Being its larger.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 3:36 pm
I send my daughter to bais rochel and have been thrilled throughout the years with my decision. they are so warm and the principal looks out for my daughter and tries to build her up. when there were issues the principal dealt with them. besides the hashkafa that they put into the girls is amazing where they give them a sense of pride of being a true bas yisroel. there is a positive vibe whenever I come for performances and pta etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries