Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Does the yeshivish oilam eat at Mikes Burgers in the Palisad
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 6:34 pm
I have seen mikes burgers recommended a few times on this site. I see it has a OU and also someone R' Naftoli Berger (haha).

Does anyone know about the Hashgacha and if the yeshivish oilam eats there? I'm not from the Monsey area but will be coming in.
Thanks!

amother
Ultramarine

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 6:37 pm
Yes I trust the OU

ftm1234

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 6:38 pm
The chassidish eat there too

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 6:40 pm
ftm1234 wrote:

Based on the OU or R' Naftoli Berger?

amother
NeonPurple

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 6:41 pm
"Chasidish" Is not "yeshivish" but yes, they eat there. They got a new hashgacha and took down the tvs.
You don't even have to "go into the mall" it's by "the eatery" entrance - target.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 6:42 pm
You either hold of the ou or u don’t… many yeshivish people do. Some don’t..
if ur so on the fence about a hechsher like the ou then you should probably consult ur own rav not imamother

cnc  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 6:42 pm
I know a number of chassidim that eat at restaurants with an OU depending on what schita the meat is.

amother
Blueberry  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 6:44 pm
Yes, yeshivish people do eat there. It's a regular restaurant. Nothing different than others besides for it being at the mall. There's a mall entrance right at the restaurant.

amother
Yolk

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 6:46 pm
The yeshivish oilam asks shailos when they want to know if something meets their individual standards.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 6:49 pm
amother Yolk wrote:
The yeshivish oilam asks shailos when they want to know if something meets their individual standards.

This is true. Just no idea where to ask since I am not from the Monsey area.

amother
Stone  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 6:51 pm
ftm1234 wrote:

Were chassidish but don't each chabad meat.so we don't eat meat there

patzer

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 7:02 pm
amother OP wrote:
This is true. Just no idea where to ask since I am not from the Monsey area.

If you live in the United States, I'm sure your local halachic authority has heard of the OU. It's not unique to Monsey. Give your authority a call and ask what they think of it.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 7:06 pm
I don’t think yeshivish eat ou meat. At least not in my circles.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 7:18 pm
patzer wrote:
If you live in the United States, I'm sure your local halachic authority has heard of the OU. It's not unique to Monsey. Give your authority a call and ask what they think of it.

I know how we hold on ou meat, but don't know about the other Hashgacha on it if that changes anything

amother
  Stone

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 7:26 pm
[quote="amother OP"]I know how we hold on ou meat, but don't know about the other Hashgacha on it if that changes anything[/quote
The chassidish hechsher doesn't give hechsher on meat. There's a sign on the door stating that all meats are chabad and he doesn't give hechsher

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 7:27 pm
[quote="amother Stone"]
amother OP wrote:
I know how we hold on ou meat, but don't know about the other Hashgacha on it if that changes anything[/quote
The chassidish hechsher doesn't give hechsher on meat. There's a sign on the door stating that all meats are chabad and he doesn't give hechsher

Thank you for that info.

imanotmommy

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 7:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
I know how we hold on ou meat, but don't know about the other Hashgacha on it if that changes anything

How would having additional hashgacha affect the first one?

gottago

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 7:51 pm
Are you concerned about Kashrus or fitting in?
From a kashrus standpoint, if you don't eat OU or chabad meat, you probably wouldn't eat there. Your Rov should be able to find out who Rav Berger is and if you can be somech on him.
If it's about fitting in, you have to describe your affiliation more clearly than yeshivish. Will your husband be wearing a hat and jacket in the restaurant? He might be the only one there, but not necessarily.

cnc

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 7:55 pm
gottago wrote:
Are you concerned about Kashrus or fitting in?
From a kashrus standpoint, if you don't eat OU or chabad meat, you probably wouldn't eat there. Your Rov should be able to find out who Rav Berger is and if you can be somech on him.
If it's about fitting in, you have to describe your affiliation more clearly than yeshivish. Will your husband be wearing a hat and jacket in the restaurant? He might be the only one there, but not necessarily.

I doubt that. I was there a couple of times in the last year and both times there were a few people wearing litvish/ chassidish levush.

amother
Currant  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 9:42 pm
amother OP wrote:

If you don’t know anything about r Berger why are you saying haha to his hechsher?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries