Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Raizy Fried headband?

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 2:11 pm
Can someone please tell me where to get a headband like the ones Raizy Fried (she’s the first one I can think of that most people know) wears? All of the ones I find in my area (I’m not in NY or NJ) are nothing like it and I really think one would look good on my sheitel. Please help. A link? A store? A website? I’ve searched for years with no success.

Anything helps, please and thank you. Smile

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 4:26 pm
Where do you live?

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 4:27 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
Where do you live?

Pittsburgh, PA

mommybrr

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 10:29 pm
I'm not sure what she wears, but have you tried the Brooklyn/Lakewood hosiery stores that have websites?
Double Header- https://doubleheaderusa.com/
Hosiery Plus - https://hosieryplus.com/

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 11:14 pm
I think what she wears is marketed specifically for chassidish women who are makpid to wear a double head covering, and it may look odd if someone not part of that community chooses to wear it.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 11:20 pm
If you’re on Instagram you can dm her.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 12:33 am
amother OP wrote:
Pittsburgh, PA

You'd only find that at stores in chassidish communities, as those type of bands are generally worn specifically by chassidish women.

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 7:17 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
I think what she wears is marketed specifically for chassidish women who are makpid to wear a double head covering, and it may look odd if someone not part of that community chooses to wear it.

Totally understandable. I would never want to offend anyone. My husband is chassidish, I didn't grow up chassidish. He prefers “the look” . However I just think the thickness of the headband would actually look good on my sheitel. It wouldn’t be my chumra though.

Or would it be less offensive if it was?

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 7:20 am
amother OP wrote:
Totally understandable. I would never want to offend anyone. My husband is chassidish, I didn't grow up chassidish. He prefers “the look” . However I just think the thickness of the headband would actually look good on my sheitel. It wouldn’t be my chumra though.

Or would it be less offensive if it was?

You're not offending anyone don't worry.

We didn't copyright the band. You can get as many as you want for yourself.

I would ask Raizy directly where she orders her bands from or ask Frank Olive if they can create the same that she has.

There are women in Monsey/BP that do this (create whichever band you like) but I don't know their contacts.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics